Restriction on Flying??

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
JohnOSullivan

Restriction on Flying??

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:26 pm

With today's imposition of no access to parks, both Provincial and Municipal, it looks like we may be out of action in the use of Shannon Park. Does that come under Municipal regulations, or is it solely Canada Lands? Perhaps we should check with Canada Lands.
For sure, Lawrencetown being in a Provincial Park is now off limits.
Time to get the balsa and modelling knife out and generate a new breed of model immune to all viruses.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Re: Restriction on Flying??

Unread post by bdg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Hey John! Nice to hear from you.

What troubling times we are going through right now. Social distancing is the key through all of this.. unless you have traveled or have symptoms and then procedures elevate to isolation.

The latest information from https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/#alerts, always subject to change, are as follow:
temp_covid1.JPG
So the emphasis on this is to keep gatherings such as those at SP to a maximum of 5 people AND to maintain social distances.

Certainly the Provincial Government has closed down provincial parks. They are doing what they can to enforce social distancing as some members of our communities are not being diligent. I have not seen a similar point that municipal parks are restricted but perhaps that is on the HRM website. Our agreement at SP is with federal agencies.

John - we're all on the same page that we need to follow the established requirements. The intent here is to restrict the size of a gathering and to maintain minimal distances between people. I think that we can achieve both of these current requirements at SP. But certainly we need to be reasonable and supportive in order for this to function. Perhaps we can maintain a group at the flying line (5 or less people, including spectators) as well as a maximum of 5 in the pits area. Each require 2 me separation between people (tough to help with plane set-ups in the pits; or buddy boxing on the flight line). If either of these are "full", then you need to wait outside of the area for someone to leave. If someone wanders in, violating these requirements, then we need to alert them of the issue and do what is necessary to maintain the requirements.

Lastly, we are each subject to fines if we do not keep groups to 5 or less and maintain social space. But I don't think it will come to that... we're all reasonable people and our club is always looking out for one another and for the greater community!

That all said - staying home is always the best course until all of this is settled.

Brian

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:32 pm

I was out at the Beaver Bank Road field this morning doing some flight testing. Plenty of social distance out here.

Jeff
20200323_750a.jpg
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2 FBL DFC, H-King Voltigeur MkII, Durafly Tundra (Blue/Red), BAe Hawk 70mm EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, XK A430 UMX, UMX Timber, Blade mcPx BL2
Transmitter: OrangeRX TX6i

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 pm

Lots of space there, Jeff! Definitely adhering to the 2me separation and 5 or less people at the gathering....! Looks like a decent spot.

Brian