Weekend - October 19/20, 2019

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
bdg

Weekend - October 19/20, 2019

Unread post by bdg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Well.... another great weekend of flying!

Saturday was a bit drizzly but very manageable for sure. Grey skies. Only a handful of people at SP. Nice to see Richard out and about.

Sunday was far better. Blue skies. Quite a few people. Not too windy (wind from the north.. so lots of approaches from the right... look out for that tree!). Good to get Bob's Apprenttice set-up on his Dx6 (thanks again, Chris, for the model configuration!). The day ended on a bit of a sour note as Paul solidly "landed" his Timber in the tree. And very high too. I was impressed that he was quick to go up again with his Cub... getting back on the saddle, so to speak.

I did go back to SP near 2:00 or so and Paul and Anne were there trying to get the Timber down. I headed home for my ladder and, after a lot of blind (for me, as I could not see the plane from my vantage point) directions, we were able to get it down. Almost gave up a few times but our perseverance paid off. It looked surprisingly good. A broken prop but otherwise every looked solid and intact. Paul will fire it up and then we will know more.

Brian

wildblue30

Re: Weekend - October 19/20, 2019

Unread post by wildblue30 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Brian,

It looks like we almost crossed paths in the afternoon. I stopped by SP shortly after 1 pm for a few flights on my new Blade mCPX BL2. I picked it up from MSC on Friday. Quite impressed with this little heli. And it uses the same 2S LiPos that my two UMX planes use. They have another one on the shelf if anyone is interested.

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S