Downsizing for my 8th decade

Got something to sell or trade?
JohnOSullivan

Downsizing for my 8th decade

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:54 pm

I am planning on a major downsizing and after 41 years in my home have decided that the house is a bit larger than I need. Over this time I have accumulated a large amount of modelling gear that I will no longer use.

Airplanes - the vast majority are RC sailplanes, Free flight, Slopers, Photoplanes etc. most of which the HEFA fliers don't fly. I also have a 72" Telemaster and an 8 ft. Telemaster and a few foamies.
Long shaft Ford Sailplane winch and retriever, sheets 8ftx4ft red, orange and blue 2mm Corroplast good for SPAD models such as the DAZI (a Corroplast version of the Zagi)

Three 36" Large Format printers
1) Encad Inkjet from about 24 years ago - needs firmware update
2) HP DraftPro EXL Pen plotter ( Uses carousel mounted Rapidograph pens) Possible conversion to Vinyl cutting or CNC cutting)
3) HP DesignJet 450c Inkjet plotter (needs attention to the Yellow Cartridge Holder)
These three printers are old but smart IT guys could make them work. They are free for the asking.

I have a large supply of basswood ranging from 1/4x3x36 to 1/32x3x36 sheets (also 1/16", 3/32, 1/8" and 3/16") and narrower strips. I will have to determine prices for these, but will be a fraction of retail prices. (Don't ever get into the model Boat kitting business!)

I am in no way planning on reducing my model flying activity in any way, but am consolidating to a smaller footprint while still retaining my basic model building capacity.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

DoverSail

Re: Downsizing for my 8th decade

Unread post by DoverSail » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm

Hello John,
Do you intend to make up a list of the planes that you want to offer for sale?

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi John,

Welcome to the 8th decade, been trying to keep a warm seat for you..!
Went out yesterday for my first Covid shot, bit of a sore arm today.
Glad to read that last sentence of your post, don't want to see you going very far away.

Cheers, and see you soon at SP,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Scooterboy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:16 am

Hey John;
This must be a tricky thing to do, pare down after all these years of being a fanatical builder. But one of these days I can see that I will have to do the same.
In the meantime though, as I have a dry place to put it, out of the way, how much do you want for the 2mm coroplast? I may be interested.
And of course if you ever wanted some, I could get it to you.
Regards
Kevin Baker

RonStuart

Unread post by RonStuart » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi John:
If you still have the Telemasters, could you tell me a bit about them, please, i.e. condition, power, necessary repairs/upgrades, asking price, etc. Thanks,
Ron
Ron Stuart
HEFA 116
MAAC 87976
E-Flite Piper Cherokee, E-flite DHC-2 Beaver
UMX Timber, Eagle 2, HOB Harvard