3000mah Puffed Lipo

Got something to sell or trade?
SecretBuilder

3000mah Puffed Lipo

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:57 pm

I have a 3000mah puffed lipo (see photo #2) that I bought off of Kijiji along with a few other things. I want to get rid of it because I have no further need for it and I was wondering if anybody could make use of it. I have included some photos, but here are some additional specs: 3000mah 3s Turnigy lipo 20-30c discharge rate, cell internal resistances are around 4, 12, and 8 milliohms. Two of the pack's cell's drop quicker than the other, when I discharged the battery to around storage without balancing the cell voltages were around 11.2v, 11.2v and 11.6v. Also, the pack has a old connector soldered onto it (see photo #1) so if you wish to use it with XT60 or pretty much anything else then you will have to solder it on yourself. The balance connector is still a JST-XH as most batteries. I guess in conclusion I am wondering if it still usable, if so then I'm wondering if anyone here wants it and can put it to good use instead of me fully discharging it and bringing it to the battery recycling/trash place.
Attachments
Photo #1
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #2
Photo#3
Photo#3
Aiden | Pilot Name: AlbatrossFPV | MAAC#: 97485 | HEFA#: ?
Radio: Radiomaster TX16S | Goggles: FatShark Attitude V6
YouTube: AlbatrossFPV

the-mailman

Re: 3000mah Puffed Lipo

Unread post by the-mailman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:17 am

I wouldn't worry about that battery. It doesn't look very puffed at all. Maybe the photo doesn't show it's true state. I'm using some that are probably more than that and they function fine, but f you still want to get rid of it I'll take it.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

SecretBuilder

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:23 am

Yes I still want to get rid of it because the plane that I was planing on using it for has the motor broken and even if the motor worked I don't think that it could get a plane off the ground with this battery (see Power System Problems). I also don't have another use for it (All else I have are 2280kv motors with 6x3 props) so I would be happy to give it to you next time we can get to the field. (which may be a while due to COVID restrictions)

SecretBuilder

Unread post by SecretBuilder » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:13 pm

the-mailman,
Ok, so I forgot to check my e-mail and as it turns out, I got a reply from someone else before you had made the post. Due to there being no other way to decide I am going to give it to him because he had actually got to it first.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:37 pm

No problem. Thanks for letting me know.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.