Gone! FREE Su-27 pusher plane. Needs repair/rebuild.

Got something to sell or trade?
MGC

Gone! FREE Su-27 pusher plane. Needs repair/rebuild.

Unread post by MGC » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm

The nose is obliterated, but the rest of the plane is fine. My wish list of builds is long and I dont think this one will make it back to my bench anytime soon, so if someone wants to put it in their project pile, you can have it! No electronics included.
Attachments
20200830_203328_copy_2016x1134.jpg
Last edited by MGC on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdg

Re: FREE Su-27 pusher plane. Needs repair/rebuild.

Unread post by bdg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 pm

Not even the orange receiver :?

It looked great in the air...!

Brian

MGC

Unread post by MGC » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:33 pm

LoL. I'm making sure that receiver never hears the other end of a transmitter again! ;)

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi Brian / Mark,

Since many people at HEFA know that I am a fan of the OrangeRx receivers, I thought I would chime in.

I have never had a loss of signal or lost a bind with any of my several ORX receivers. I have never noticed any reduction or limitation in range (even when flying EDF jets). I have had many crashes since I started in this hobby, but not one in which I can squarely place the blame on my OrangeRx receivers or my ORX transmitter.

Here is a screen shot of my annual flight log spreadsheet. All models using ORX receivers are highlighted in (you guessed it) orange. As you can see there are well over 5200 ORX-equipped flights. I know everyone's experiences vary, I guess I have been lucky.

Jeff
#OrangeReceiversMatter
ORX Flights_HEFA.jpg
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:29 pm

That is quite a log!!!

I have heard comments - not validated by me personally - that the Gen 2 Spektrum Radios can be problematic with the older Orange Receivers. I've only had a few known issues with the receivers - primarily with my P47 when the landing gear was repeatedly cycling up/down when it was supposed to be raised (a switch-out fixed that problem) and secondly with a RC sailboat with an Orange receiver with satellite connected to the receiver fairly high on the mast... and it would not change the rudder when maybe 12' away. That was with a DX9. Never had such issues with my DX8 (Gen 1).

I do recall horror stories from Marc at SW with Orange Receivers - ie fly-aways.

In this case, Mark lost control surfaces. Battery still had ample juice leading me to think of a brown-out on the BEC, a signal loss on the RX, perhaps overheating (shutdown of ESC/BEC?). Not sure if the bind light was flashing or not which would be indicative of a signal loss.

Thanks for sharing. Great results for you for sure!!!!

Brian

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:12 pm

That's a good point about the Gen 2 Spektrum Radios. I remember reading about Spektrum placing built-in limitations on those radios when bound with non Spektrum DSM2/DSMX receivers on RC Groups. I went straight from a Spektrum DX6i to an OrangeRX TX6i which is probably the main reason I have had success with ORX receivers.

Sometime in the future I would like to move to one of the multi-protocol transmitters that are causing such a stir like this one...

https://www.banggood.com/RadioMaster-TX ... rehouse=CN
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S