Looking For A Cheap Spektrum Radio - I found one, thanks everybody!

Got something to sell or trade?
robcole1967

Looking For A Cheap Spektrum Radio - I found one, thanks everybody!

Unread post by robcole1967 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:02 am

Thinking about getting back into the hobby and want to start on the cheap side and see how it does. So I'm looking for a DX5e or similiar older transmitter, would like to stick to Spektrum though because that's what I know. If things go well, I'll get a new Black style Spektrum radio later in the summer and pass the entry level one on to the next person that needs it. I'm also thinking about 3d printing my planes.... anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!
Last edited by robcole1967 on Thu May 20, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinM

Re: Looking For A Cheap Spektrum Radio

Unread post by KevinM » Wed May 19, 2021 8:38 pm

robcole1967

I'm currently in the process of 3D printing a plane (Liddle stik). not as simple as people make it sound. I'm almost finished assembly, a few more days and I might be ready for a maiden but have run into a C of G issue (tail heavy ) and don't have anything I can move to change the issue. I've been posting the build on the Shearwater RC Flyers site.
https://shearwaterflyers.proboards.com/ ... llTo=21366
This is my second build I've tried, I learned a lot in the first build but in my opinion it was not airworthy and abandoned that build (Yak55). I have dozen of photos linked in the post you will be able to see how a 3D prints and goes together. You really need to know your slicer setting to successfully print airplane parts, I had to custom slice each part as standard settings don't work.

Kevin
The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and MISS

robcole1967

Re: Looking For A Cheap Spektrum Radio

Unread post by robcole1967 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Thanks for the headsup.... where did you get your plans for the 3d plane? I've been looking at 3dlabprint and it looks straight forward. I have a couple of 3d printers on the go, I "think" I'll be able to figure out the slicer settings.....

KevinM

Re: Looking For A Cheap Spektrum Radio - I found one, thanks everybody!

Unread post by KevinM » Thu May 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Plans (STL files) are available on thingiverse and Cults3d.com for free and probably a lot more. Just have to pick your poison so to speak.
The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and MISS