New to Heli World, Can Anyone help with setup Trex500E

Discussions related to electric helicopters.
RocketManRC

Re: New to Heli World, Can Anyone help with setup Trex500E

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks for adding that Jeff, it's great info.

I have flown the 130S and it is a great little heli. With the brushless tail motor system it appears to be very durable with no complex mechanical parts to wear out or break.
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

RCRyanHeli

Unread post by RCRyanHeli » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 am

Hey guys! thanks for the replies!

I mostly fly my drones in line of sight, Not much into the FPV world thou i do have systems set up on my drones.. I have a heli simulate which i been using for about 15 hrs now and i also have smaller heli's ( Cheap ).. was looking to move up in the heli world when i saw this align trex 500 show up on kijiji for super cheap and never flown as the fella was having issues with vision.

Id really like move up in size with the heli's.. the last few days i have been looking into flybarless products again align product, not sure if you guys suggest another brand but i think blade goes up to a 330-380? coming out soon with a 480 model.

Another reason for wanted to get up in size is i just bought three 6S 3300 Battery's and id like to be able to use these with new product.

i understand cost with crashes etc

RCRyanHeli

Unread post by RCRyanHeli » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 am

retiredVTT wrote:Hi Ryan,

Weird is definitely the word for YOUR post to show up as coming from ME. See if you are able to edit that post or delete any or all of the message. It would be even weirder if you are able to do that. If not, let me know and I'll get rid of it.

thanks,
Bill
was very weird.. was showing as i was logged in as you.. i quickly logged out and logged in as myself again, Hope everything is fine on your end!

RCRyanHeli

Unread post by RCRyanHeli » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 am

RocketManRC wrote:Well I think that maybe the R/C gods are laughing at us now but it sure was strange!

Anyway thanks for the help with the website issue Ryan.

Have you flown any of your racing drones line of sight instead of FPV? That is a great first step to flying a heli and as you know, no harm in a crash or two with a racing drone :-)

We can definitely get your Tres500E flying but I don't think you will be very happy with it. With the flybar it only has mechanical stabilization in the roll and pitch axis so it will feel very twitchy to say the least. However that is how I learned to fly helis so I can't say that it isn't possible :-)

I am trying to be at Shannon Park on weekend mornings however this coming weekend it looks like only Sunday due to family commitments. During the week days I spend at much time as possible at the ASRCM field near Shubenacadie. If that is an option for you it is a great place to fly and to test and you are welcome to come out.

Rick
I work during days mon to fri but i may be able to get there sunday to shannon park - let me know thou closer to weekend!:)

RCRyanHeli

Unread post by RCRyanHeli » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Hey guys! i just went down to mighty small cars and picked up a blade 300 Helicopter until im comfortable going bigger.

Hope to connect with a few of you!