Flight Camera Recommendations?

Discussions related to sail plane models.
DoverSail

Flight Camera Recommendations?

Unread post by DoverSail » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:29 am

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for something like a GoPro to record some of my flights (not FPV). GoPros seem to run the gamut of cost, and I also see a lot of "GoPro" cameras of other brands from china that sell in the $50-80 range, which is pretty affordable.
Do any of you have any recommendations for brands/models that you have found work well?

Also, do those of you who do this take power from your BEC, or do you use cameras with built-in batteries?
I think built-in batteries would be convenient, and the extra weight would (hopefully) not be terribly significant. I would be looking to mount this atop the canopy of my Spectra.

Thanks everyone!

wildblue30

Re: Flight Camera Recommendations?

Unread post by wildblue30 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:06 am

Hello,

I have owned a Turnigy HD ActionCam 1080P from Hobby King for about four years and have mounted it on a few of my models. It works very well for my casual video needs. But they seem to be out of stock right now at HK. It is a clone of the GoPro Hero 3.

Here is a similar Actioncam on Banggood. It has an internal battery and uses a Micro SD card.

https://usa.banggood.com/A5-1080P-HD-Ac ... rehouse=CN

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

Ivan

Re: Flight Camera Recommendations?

Unread post by Ivan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:29 pm

i do alot of fpv videos Hawkeye micro 2 is light and does 1080P with a built in battery and with the rc cable flick a switch on your TX to record while in the air

video if you like to see it in action lol love my headtracker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzLdS5YOw48