Sloping 17th. May 2019

Discussions related to sail plane models.
JohnOSullivan

Sloping 17th. May 2019

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm

John Fennell and I hit the slope at Lawrencetown this afternoon. Wind was SSE at about 15kph which was fine. John F. flew his Spectra and I had a maiden flight with my 4m big big Pulsar.
Almont Baltzar, who has a regular spot at the Shearwater Model Show and has recently moved from New Brunswick to the Metropolis of Cole Harbour also turned up. I am sure many of you will recall Almont's display at the Shearwater Show which highlights Military Aeronautical Memorabilia. He is happy to meet other modellers and will be visiting Shannon Park.

The big big Pulsar flew very well except for losing the canopy in flight. The canopy hid in the grass on the slope and refused to return to base.
The Mounting of the canopy on the fuselage is weak and I was intending to make a mould of it so I could have a spare, but it did not get done.
I'll order a new one from Hyperflight.

Hope the rest of the weekend brings us flyable weather.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

JohnF

Re: Sloping 17th. May 2019

Unread post by JohnF » Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 pm

John O,Sullivan and I had a few laughs today. My Spectra had some issues with trim. Wasn’t the best place to trim out there today.
That canopy of John’s plane just didn’t want to be found. A person would have thought that it would have been easy to find. All the grass was flat on the slope. It is hiding in plain sight. Man, that slope is some steep!