Sloping

Discussions related to sail plane models.
trevor

Sloping

Unread post by trevor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 am

My hit up Lawrence town for a mid afternoon flight. Wind will be out of the South at 30k
what do you mean low rates and expo???

bdg

Re: Sloping

Unread post by bdg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Trevor - great for you to share.... hopefully others will participate (although Easter Sunday could be tough).

Please do not forget that this is an approved MAAC and HEFA field. Anyone flying needs to have MAAC for insurance purposes. Renewal is easy and can be completed on-line in a matter of moments. MAAC is one of the best bangs for your buck out there and we are fortunate that MAAC is able to coordinate with Transport Canada so that we can continue to enjoy this great hobby. Like MAAC membership, HEFA is extremely affordable and helps to cover the cost of field maintenance and leasing - absolute core requirements for our club - not to mention the other advantages!

Brian

rhyneheimer

Re: Sloping

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:27 pm

if Lawrencetown is now "an approved MAAC and HEFA field", and requires maac, what's the status for hang-gliders and paragliders, and for non-maac rc guys? fly at own risk? what about kite flying there? and weddings... sometimes people book weddings out there to make them more beautiful and less depressing -- i dunno, maybe this is documented somewhere?
thx...
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone