E-flite Adagio 280 - my next plane/glider

Discussions related to sail plane models.
Ghost Flyer

E-flite Adagio 280 - my next plane/glider

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:22 am

Here is my next plane/glider which is on order for me at Maritime Hobbies. It hasn't been released yet from E-flite, but it should be sometime this summer....I hope....

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/ad ... ic-EFL6550

AC
Andrew C.

astroflyer

Re: E-flite Adagio 280 - my next plane/glider

Unread post by astroflyer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Andrew did you receive this glider yet?

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:49 am

Not yet. It's still on back order. I see that folks have them here, in Canada now, so hopefully one will arrive for me at MH soon. I was hoping it would arrive before the Slope Fest, but that isn't looking likely at this point.
Andrew C.

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:56 am

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and have been flying it a lot. great little glider.

kinda doubt the back order thing, saw another one on the shelf at MSC in dartmouth yesterday.

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm really glad to hear that you got one, Al, and even more importantly, that you like it. I, too, had noticed one at MSC this week for $199, and told them about the back order thing. It turns out that they are on some sort of Horizon Hobby re-seller list that allows them to get product a bit sooner than others, as I understand it. It'll likely be in soon at other hobby shops, too, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm using my $100 gift certificate that I won in a Dead-stick spot landing contest last year. :D

Have you had any luck in catching thermals with it yet?

Thanks,
Andrew
Last edited by Ghost Flyer on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew C.

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Ahh yes, Geoff did mention one time they can get early deliveries on new stuff.

Not being any glider expert I think I had it in some small thermal a couple of times, but not very long though. I Seem to be expert at flying out of them. There definitely are some lift areas at our field though if the wind is in the right direction. I had one 24 minute flight on a four minute battery run once, but mostly see about 12 minutes with three or four climbs to altitude. The eagles there do much better.

Had one prop blade break last week and the resultant vibration blew off my canopy and chucked the velcroed battery right out of the glider . It came down like a falling leaf. No damage, found the canopy but not the battery. Next morning walking my dog found the broken blade in the middle of the road to our field. Something to look out for. New prop ordered and I don't needy it for the slope on Saturday anyway.

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:42 am

Maybe I'll order a spare prop, being that they're likely going to be hard to come by at some point. I'm looking forward to seeing it fly at the Slope Fest, this weekend! It's going to be a great time :D
Andrew C.

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Msc has one in stock guys
what do you mean low rates and expo???