New Pulsars at Esprit Models

Discussions related to sail plane models.
AndrewS

New Pulsars at Esprit Models

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

JohnOSullivan

Re: New Pulsars at Esprit Models

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

A welcome addition to the Pulsar series. The secondhand 1.8 metre Pulsar I bought three years ago is still a very efficient airplane (no longer made) but the new developments are a positive development.
These would be a top notch introduction for anyone seriously interested in sailplanes.
At $470 they have not raised the price over the current versions. I know it may appear to be a high price, but it is a flawlessly constructed and super efficient model that will out-last a dozen foamies.
I believe they are introducing a 2.5 metre Pulsar to replace the V-tailed version and this should give the best overall performance value for size.
There has been progressive development of these Pulsars and they do not introduce new versions until they are fully proven.
Andrew Smith and I have 3.2m versions and although they have introduced an updated version, the version that we have is flawless and probably the most satisfying airplane I have ever flown.
I don't think that either Andrew or I have had a single poor flight in nearly a year of flying.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

AndrewS

Re: New Pulsars at Esprit Models

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 pm

http://www.espritmodel.com/pulsar-25e-arf.aspx
http://www.espritmodel.com/pulsar-25e-res-arf.aspx

Yes John they are also re-doing the 2.5m models. If theses fly anywhere close to our 3.2m they will be great planes

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250