Easter Weekend soaring

Discussions related to sail plane models.
AndrewS

Easter Weekend soaring

Unread post by AndrewS » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Flying at Winsor on Fri...got to soar with an eagle for a couple of turns.Really neat :D
Today at SP I had a thermal flight of 16 min 34 sec after motor shut down...max height was 192m(42m above motor off). :)

So where are all you guys who just got Radian Pros?
It is a lot of fun but can be a bit nerve-racking when you are trying to do a specific task, see http://www.sportsmanssoaringprogram.com/ for what I am working on.
Today I got my first 15min flight... The 30min ones will be a challenge unless I wimp out and do them at the slope.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

JohnOSullivan

Re: Easter Weekend soaring

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Nice flight Andrew. Thermals are coming and it won't be long before you get the magic 30 minutes.
I was one of the early LSF and Canadian Soaring Society members I still have to send in my Level 3 LSF form (completed in 1983). However they have emphasis on Contest results and wit the lack of contests here, there is no way I could get Level 4 or 5. The Canadian Soaring Society seems to have evaporated. This new organization seems to fit in with our approach, I'll have to look into joining it. It is fun to set goals as it sharpens up the soaring skills.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26