New Parkzone Float Plane - ICON A5 BNF & PNP + eagle story

Discussions related to float plane models.
Ghost Flyer

New Parkzone Float Plane - ICON A5 BNF & PNP + eagle story

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

It seams that every time I turn around, there is a new Parkzone plane. Why, just today, while at MSC, someone showed me a new Ultra Micro Stryker. When I went to look it up, I found out that there is yet another Parkzone Plane.... the ICON A5, and it comes BNF and also PNP. It looks awesome! I often spend my lunch breaks with Christine at Albro Lake, so this could be a great plane to fly there.

Speaking of Albro Lake, while there today, we watched an eagle aggressively chasing a much smaller bird around the lake for about 5 minutes. The smaller bird just barely got away. After a while, the eagle gave up and started to fly higher. Some other birds started chasing the eagle. Most gave up after a couple of minutes, except one smaller bird. Now this is where it really got interesting..... I didn't know this was possible, but Christine and I both saw it happen several times... The smaller one was relentless and kept flying straight for the side of the eagle!... Guess what the eagle did..... IT DID A ROLL :!: ...kind of like a snap roll!!!! Just as the smaller bird looked like it was going to hit the side of the eagle, the eagle would pull it's wing, that was closest to the smaller bird, in all the way and somehow do something with the other wing and do a complete kind of axial roll. We couldn't believe what we were seeing. It was amazing! The smaller bird didn't let up and eventually, they were out of sight, behind us, towards the smaller lake. I had no idea that birds can fly like that!

Back to the ICON A5.
Be sure to check out the video on the multimedia tab/page.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... ckOverview

What will they come up with next? :D

AC
Andrew C.

steve

Re: New Parkzone Float Plane - ICON A5 BNF & PNP + eagle story

Unread post by steve » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:06 pm

very interesting stuff !

Thanks for posting

Steve
Steve

david3484