Building With Foam book

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
Ghost Flyer

Building With Foam book

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:54 am

Hi folks,

I orderd this book yesterday, direct from the author's business, parkflyerplastics.com. When ording it, I had to pay $20 shipping, but they refunded me $17 of that, as per an e-mail between us. I paid using paypal, and they refunded the actual difference back through Paypal, (later that day), which went directly back onto my credit card.

Here are some links:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539823
http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/index ... 84c11babc4

Cheers,
AC
Attachments
Building With Foam - front cover
Building With Foam - front cover
BWF_Front.jpg (48.01 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Building With Foam - back cover
Building With Foam - back cover
BWF_Back.jpg (52.51 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
Andrew C.

retiredVTT

Re: Building With Foam book

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 am

Should be a terrific book AC....from a terrific guy.

Keith Sparks is one of those credits to the hobby..!

I look forward to seeing that book..maybe in July, on a warm sunny, lazy, afternoon..we can sip a cool one while checking out his writing skills..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Sounds like a fine plan, Bill. 8-) It seems like forever that I've been waiting to get started in making foam planes. I'm still waiting on a general contractor, who was supposed to come by in the fall, to fix my basement, so that I can really get started in this hobby. Through the local library, I just placed two books on hold, which deals with designing and building workbenches. I know that you posted your bench pictures on here, somewhere. It would be neat if everyone posted pictures of their workbenches, shops and how they store their planes. So far, my makeshift benches are the kitchen table, kitchen counter (great for soldering), and the coffee table, none of which goes over so well with my much better half.. lol

AC

PS... By any chance, if anyone knows of a good general contractor that can repair a rim-sill joist, a few floor joists, bay window, and sliding door, and is available, please send me their name.
Andrew C.

Dirt Torpedo

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Can't help much Andrew. I get by without dedicated workspace, in a condo, so have no space for built-up construction.

A wire rack shelving unit with tupperware storage boxes is good for parts, tool box, and supplies. The dining table, computer desk, tile kitchen floor, bathroom, and patio get used for various fabrication, painting, repair, and drying activities.

My wife likes to have one decent looking plane hanging in the spare room. Lee Valley's "Best Ever Picture Screws" are perfect for hanging planes on walls. I just make a loop of kite string, attach it to the hook using a "choker hitch", and then hook a wheel or the prop through the loop. I'll post a couple of photos later.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/pa ... 0914,50630

Another tip: razor blades are good for removing excess glue from the kitchen tiles when told to do so. ;)

Montee

Unread post by Montee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 pm

AC

PS... By any chance, if anyone knows of a good general contractor that can repair a rim-sill joist, a few floor joists, bay window, and sliding door, and is available, please send me their name.
would love to help but i'm starting a new house on monday off Shore drive in Bedford, but if you can wait a few months I might be able to help
It's better to burn out then fad way
Pierre

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi Montee. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Andrew
Andrew C.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Ghost Flyer wrote:Sounds like a fine plan, Bill. 8-) It seems like forever that I've been waiting to get started in making foam planes. I'm still waiting on a general contractor, who was supposed to come by in the fall, to fix my basement, so that I can really get started in this hobby. Through the local library, I just placed two books on hold, which deals with designing and building workbenches. I know that you posted your bench pictures on here, somewhere. It would be neat if everyone posted pictures of their workbenches, shops and how they store their planes. So far, my makeshift benches are the kitchen table, kitchen counter (great for soldering), and the coffee table, none of which goes over so well with my much better half.. lol

AC

Yeah...turns out I posted my workbench photos over in the "Workshop" forum....back in '08
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=61

I just revisted that site and it appears that some photos may have disappeared, however the posts seem to be intact. I do have increasing difficulty in keeping my worksite cleared of the many little containers of small parts and accessories that seem to accumulate...when you try to have three or more subjects on the go at the same time.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708