Keep him in your thoughts....

News related to anything RC
bdg

Re: Keep him in your thoughts....

Unread post by bdg » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:35 pm

There were some shenanigans at the SW indoor that were previously unpublished. These really exemplify the fun that Steve had at these events - always laughing, always supportive, always having fun and enjoying his time with friends.

The video is on the HEFA Facebook webpage: https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxElectri ... 565259163/

In this case, he and Al were willing participants in the fun called RC flying....!

Brian

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 pm

That's awesome Brian!
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 pm

It was nice to see so many of our RC family at the Celebration of Life for Steve today. I would say easily a dozen or more people. Definitely standing room only... and beyond. Many people were not able to get into the facility at all and were either in the vestibule or even outside.

For those that were not able to make it - there were some very touching moments.
  • A recap of Steve by his older brother Stacey. Very touching and heart-felt.
  • A great violin presentation of "Amazing Grace" by Steve's sister Susie and family
  • Specific mention of Steve's love for RC with special mention of HEFA and the SW Hobby Show; as well as a comment that the family received a call of condolence from a local hobby store
  • The placing of poppies on wreathes at the front of the facility
  • Optional meeting of the family
Steve will certainly be missed by all who met him.

Brian
Attachments
Steve W1.pdf
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
Steve W2.pdf
(368.29 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Here are a few more photos of Steve, including one of Tom. I often think about them, and wonder if they're hanging out with Tony, somehow still enjoying the hobby.

AC
Attachments
Steve and Lucy
Steve and Lucy
Enjoying the hobby.
Enjoying the hobby.
Two great fellas, Steve and Tom.
Two great fellas, Steve and Tom.
Andrew C.

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks for posting Andrew. I really miss those two.
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Just a reminder that when the clock strikes midnight tonight it will have been one year since we all received the news that our beloved fellow modeler, Steve, had left our world.
I miss him greatly. So many times when sitting at the work bench, working at a model, thoughts of crazy antics we shared in the past sweep across my mind and bring a little grin to my face. That's when you realize that you have truly experienced a loss.

But life goes on; and one of the last things that Steve and I shared was when I lent him a kit of the Flite-Test Viggen so he could trace each part in order to build himself a copy. He returned the kit about a month before his passing.

So it's time for me to build that kit, and hopefully share each moment of the build with Steve. As usual I'll overpower the model with an all Aluminum 70mm ducted fan fed from at least a 5S lipo pack; to do anything less would be frowned upon by Steve.

My thanks to Kevin, who started this thread last year, and aptly named it... "keep him in your thoughts".

It's ironic that I'm writing this at a time when we are all requested to "social distance" ourselves because of the Covid-19 situation. That would have been a really hard act to follow, when sharing the field with Steve.

cheers, everyone, and keep Safe..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Well, today marks two years since we lost our friend Steve, but he indeed remains in our thoughts, and always will..
As we all get ready to receive our Covid-19 shots, following a year of the Pandemic, I so look forward to getting back to the flying field where we can rekindle some of the crazy banter that we shared in the past, which included many great times with our buddy Steve.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Scooterboy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 am

Amen to that Bill.
It seems like just yesterday.
Regards
Kevin Baker

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:41 am

..just dropped by to say Hello, you are still in our thoughts, ever and always..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am

Hi Steve...!
Hard to believe that it's been five years since you left us...!
A lot has happened in those years, but what remains the same are the great memories you left us with; thanks 'Bud..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708