Flying today

Do you plan on flying? If so, let other members know the details.
the-mailman

Re: Flying today

Unread post by the-mailman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:25 am

Beat the rain and wind this morning for a few outdoor flights. Chris, Bob, and one other showed up for a while too.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:17 am

I must have just missed you guys! I arrived at 9:30am or so and stayed until 10:45am. Only a few flights. I was solo for a while until Tyrone showed up.

Definitely a little on the windy side.... hopefully we will get out again this long weekend!!!

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:26 am

I guess I should have waited. It was starting to rain so I packed it up a little after 8. Oh well, looking forward to better weather and more outdoor flying, very soon I hope.

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:27 am

Got a couple of flights in early this morning, but had to pack it in by 8:30 when the wind picked up. Definitely need bigger planes that can battle the wind as my little Cessna was getting blown around a lot.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Missed you AGAIN!!! This time I was very late - arrived 10:30am. Enough time for a few flights on my Convergence and then the Visionaire and my 250 Quad. Definitely windy but these planes handled it like a champ! Yes - a larger and more powerful plane is a MUST - and AS3X helps too :P

Also, a good chat with Bruce L and Pierre (he's been at SP in the past, although not yet a member) at the field. Unfortunately, more garbage at the field again today. Looked like three blue bags which had been ripped into... I am not sure what would have been so worthwhile..... Bruce collected the bags - very wet - and placed them by the parking lot tree. People....

Then enough time to check out MSC, ProCycle (!) and then a few supplies at Canadian Tire.

Tomorrow looks windy - very windy in the afternoon. I am tentatively taking Monday as a vacation day so we'll see how the weather cooperates.......

Brian
Last edited by bdg on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

chodgkinson

Unread post by chodgkinson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I missed you both. I was there around 9:30 for a couple of flights on my Apprentice. First outdoor flights I'd had in quite a while. Chris D. and John L. were there at that time as well, Chris put up his Fun Cub for a quick flight but that was it. Definitely cooler than I was expecting and of course the winds made it interesting. I too booked a vac day on Monday. At the moment it's looking like it might be a reasonable day for flying.

Chris

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Another chilly morning, but got several flights in before the wind got too much. Hung around for a bit, but no one else showed up to fly so I left shortly after 9.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Bruce - how do we keep missing each other? I was at SP just after 9... maybe 9:05am at the latest. Great morning. Chilly for sure and the winds were variable - sometimes up but mostly low and that blue sky made for some great conditions overall.

I only had 1 or two flights in when Chris H arrived. Shortly after that, there were some quick visits by John O'S and Chris D. Jeff G. also arrived near 11:15 (or so) for some flights on his Tundra and SportCub as well as helis. I was chilled and running out of batteries so Chris and I left at almost the same time.

I am sure that we will eventually connect!

Brian

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:24 am

I guess I'm just an early riser. I like to fly for a couple of hours and have the rest of the day for family stuff once they get up.

Went flying this morning before school got in. Got to the field at 7:30 and flew until 8. Still have 1 more battery to use so taking a late lunch time at 12:50 when the kids go in.

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:38 pm

What a great week. Now that school is out I got out flying at noon today and yesterday. Hot and little windy today, but lots of fun.