Package lost

News related to anything RC
the-mailman

Package lost

Unread post by the-mailman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm

I'm in the process of building a L4 Piper, as designed by Vic Ruzgys that some of you built a couple of years ago, to fly indoors. It's almost finished and I was waiting for parts from HK and Ebay to complete it. The wheels and servos must be on an extra slow boat from China. It's been over 60 days. I got a refund from the Ebay seller and HK is doing a investigation and will refund if they can't find it so I haven't lost any money, just time. I know I should have complained sooner but I was hopeful it would show up. Now I have to wait some more to get their refund before I order again. Guess I won't have this plane ready for indoor flying this season.

First time I've had an issue getting orders. Oh well, guess I'll start something else.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

JohnOSullivan

Re: Package lost

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:28 am

I've had problems also lately with Hobby King.
I ordered propellers and servos on November 26 - Now 64 days and nothing showing.
I also ordered propellers and ESCs and glider Hi-starts on December 17 Now 42 days and nothing.

Each order was shipped through Singapore post the day following the order. Tracking shows nothing after the receipt of goods by Singapore Post.
Everything seems to be gone squirrly since they revamped their web site about 3 months ago. Certainly makes getting into my Wish List for ordering a mess.
in over 50 orders over the years, only one order was delayed like these. that was about 2 1/2 years ago and it did show up over 2 months later.
Guess I'll have to put in a claim.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 am

Was just on RCCanada Forum and it looks like other people have had problems with non-arrival of HobbyKing goods shipped in November. Like mine they were through Singapore by registered mail. Canada Post used to provide tracking for these shipments, but no longer do so.
http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthr ... 84&page=68
Read this and later pages.
I would suspect that the problem lies in Canada Cuatoms or Canada Post.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 am

I had a look at the forum and if this post's remarks are true then this may be the problem.

Post 678 said, "I called Canada Post about some orders I had made in November that still have not arrived from Hong Kong.
I was told that most parcels sent via registered mail international go through Vancouver. There is a 40 day delay at sort/customs station in Vancouver presently."

Both of my orders were shipped at the end of November so maybe there's hope.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 pm

So it appears that this is not just a HobbyKing problem.
Which brings me to my situation.
Back in November I ordered some low priced items via Ebay and Amazon suppliers. When nothing had arrived by January 20th, I started communications with the suppliers and all three of them have promised me to address the situation. Two have promised refunds that I asked for, the third says they will reship the product.
I'll let you know what happens.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:55 pm

I too had an order take a very long time, bought on ebay in mid november. Opened a claim on ebay early January, seller responded that it had been shipped, I knew that. Ebay has a deadline you must be careful of if you open a claim, if you don't escalate the claim, they forget it. . My package arrived the same day I had to escalate things on ebay. Ebay closed the claim this morning. Everyone happy. lol

Tracking indicated the item was shipped within 48 hours of my ordering. It sat with hong kong post for about two weeks before moving again. Not sure what goes on there, either the seller had to do some kind of drop ship thing, or perhaps hong kong post waits until they fill a container or whatever before moving things. Anyway, lots of people on RCcanada complaining these days of many many lost or late packages from china. Definitely not a HK problem, they cannot control shipping, especially if you cheap out in that department and who doesn't. And Canadaa post no longer supports tracking from overseas items with this shipping method. People on RCCanada seem to feel the loss is happening in Canada. Who knows.

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:36 pm

I had one Hobby King package delivered today. Three High starts, two props, two ESCs and two propellers.
60 days since order on 25 November.
I still have an order of props and servos outstanding since November 6th. (82 days and counting) have not given up on it as the Singapore post seems to be screwed up.
Just avoid getting anything from Hobby King shipped through Singapore Post.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Shipping is so erratic....!

My recent on-line orders:
- I have a very small order from dx.com for some connectors from November 13 - not yet arrived;
- A small order from Amazon.ca (flashlight) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Another small order from Amazon.ca (headlamp) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Small camera lens adapter ordered December 22 - arrived last week;
- Ordered a EFXRacer from HK ordered February 7 - arrived today;
- Inductrix FPV new board to reduce LVC ordered from Horizon on December 15 - arrived today

I have not yet raised any claims for those that are missing......

The racer is the same style that Chris D and Al C have flown at SP - quite fast under 4S but for now I only have 3S and not 65C as recommended.... those I guess will come later. I believe that Tom suggested that Chris D "hit a mosquito" and that resulted in a downed plane...!

Just gotta wait for this snow to melt.... come on spring!!!!

Maybe some winter flying on the weekend if temperatures are conducive...!

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Oh... forgot to mention that Canada Post seems to be really cracking down on HST and handling fees. My HK order was greeted with an invoice for $38 at the door - $10 for handling and the rest for HST (including, as we all know, HST on the shipping charges)...

Just something else to be aware of in this online world....

Brian

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm

interesting note
The order I received from Hobby King today was declared by Hobby King as having a value of $51.89. which was the true value of the purchase. Normally they declare a value of about 20% of the purchase price.
However the parcel arrived with no Canada Post fee or HST charge. Go Figure!
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26