Father and Son pair

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
280Lady

Father and Son pair

Unread post by 280Lady » Fri May 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi all.

I am Steve Collins and my son is Dylan (8 yrs old). I am retired Navy. Sailed mostly in Iroquois and Athabaskan and a 1 yr stint in Charlottetown. We were mbrs at Shearwater last season but it looks as though they are in limbo with the autoport using their space. We got some flying in last summer but are still in need of instruction. We have a super cub and sport cub and for Christmas Dylan got an electric mustang. We would like to join HEFA and start getting some flight time with an instructor to start building ours skills. I read about indoor flying in Porter's Lake through the winter - wish I had known!

If there is an instructor available for Sunday we would love to come out, pay the mbr dues and get flying. I will be purchasing MAAC today/tomorrow.

My email is steve13.collins@hotmail.com.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Steve & Dylan

retiredVTT

Re: Father and Son pair

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Yes, Steve, come out Sunday and take part in our "open house".
We hope to have a couple of Instructors available for introductory flights, subject to the weather gods of course.

..see you then,

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

steve

Unread post by steve » Fri May 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Always good to have another 280 lady around. Sailed on both and a few others.

See you at the field.

Steve W.
Steve

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sat May 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Steve,

This is great! We have a few other younger flyers who have tried the sticks at HEFA and we look forward to meeting with you and Dylan tomorrow! SW is a great club but HEFA also has a lot to offer for the smaller electric flyer.

Tomorrow is looking a little windy at the moment but that might not be enough to stop us! Our open house remains a "go"!

All the best - and see you tomorrow!

Brian