Hi Everybody

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
SL1

Hi Everybody

Unread post by SL1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi to All
I have been bitten by the RC bug last year and am now a full fledged heli addict.
I have a Blade MCX , CX2 with extreme core upgrades, Axe CPV3 with full separates and belt drive tail , Blade 400 3D
just got my 400 and waiting for spring to get it airborne. having a blast with my modified Axe but just in the yard and garage. Just finished installing the belt drive two weeks ago.
Would like to meet some RC people and just found this site.
I live in Grand Lake and am hoping there are some heli guys I can meet through this site for help and flying tips, and of course to join your association.

Thanks

Steve

steve

Re: Hi Everybody

Unread post by steve » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 am

Welcome aboard SL1.....

There are some Heli flyers here and all fly electric fixed wing. We fly at Shannon park recreation field when weather permits and soon will be doing some indoor stuff at Shearwater.
Some fellas also fly at Powder Mill Lake on the ice but I dont know what it would be like now...
Keep checking into the forum to see whats happening and feel free to drop by Shannon park on the weekend to meet some flyers there

There are also another clubs that allows gas and nitro IC engines located in Beaverbank, Milford, and Truro plus some that are even further out as HEFA is an electric only club with some size and weight restriction on aircraft

Contact Bill ("retired VTT" on this forum ) on the Executive for Association information and field rules and regs.

Great to have you !

Steve
Steve

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:25 am

It's always great to see another heli pilot at Shannon!

This winter I have been mostly flying an AXE 400 and a Flasher 450. The AXE 400 has a lot of replacement parts from HobbyKing now :lol: and the Flasher is a bit more hopped up but hasn't been flown very much as it is meant to be a backup for now. I am building a T-REX 500 ESP for the summer :D.

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

SL1

Unread post by SL1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Guys

thanks for the replies.

I work a month on / month off schedule with CCG and am currently at work. I"ll drop by to visit the field when I get home end of March. I will contact Bill re the rules, etc. Looking forward to meeting you all. Whats the best time at Shannon Park - A.M. or P.M.?

Steve

KrasherJack

Unread post by KrasherJack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey Steve,
lots of heli flying ops here.
Plenty of 450's and blades.
Come out when you get a chance
Zoom..Zoom