Hey guys

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
nunyabizniss34

Hey guys

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Nice to finally find a local group! I have been flying electric helis since July of last year and I didn't even know you guys existed :shock: I have 7 helis but I mostly fly the T-Rex 250SE and a T-Rex 450 clone.

Colin
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

lawndart

Re: Hey guys

Unread post by lawndart » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Welcome, Colin!

Our non-virtual hang-out is the soccer field behind Shannon Park. Drop in almost anytime during the weekend and you'll find someone there flying. Introduce yourself. These days there seem to be as many choppers as planes there on a Sunday morning so you'll be in good company.

Dave
------d-a-v-e---------------- >}-

nunyabizniss34

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome Dave. I will definitely drop by very soon! I am tired of flying in my back yard :lol:

Colin
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Welcome Colin..as Dave said, Shannon Park is our flying field most weekend days and all you need in order to fly is a valid MAAC card. We require this for insurance purposes, as we have a contact with DND, the landlord.

This weekend, with sufficient ice on the lakes, will find some of us at Powder Mill Lake in Waverley utilizing skis on our planes. The site is on Rocky Lake Drive about 10 kms from The Canadian Tire Store in Bedford.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

gdaigle

Unread post by gdaigle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 am

Morning!
Heading out to halifax today on meetings...staying over.....would I get to see guys flying tomorrow?
Are these all park flyers/electric?.... any nitro?
gilles

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 am

gdaigle wrote:Morning!
Heading out to halifax today on meetings...staying over.....would I get to see guys flying tomorrow?
Are these all park flyers/electric?.... any nitro?
gilles
If the weather is fit( and it looks to be good if a bit chilly) we will be there, Gilles. We are all electric at Shannon Park( in the city). Some of the guys have nitro/glow and were flying them last weekend off the lake in Waverley...see the Powder Mill Lake thread. As Bill mentioned, at Shannon we require a MAAC card for insurance reasons, but otherwise See you there.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250