How to join

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Brian

How to join

Unread post by Brian » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi People,

I just moved here from St.Johns. Have been flying nitro and gas rc airplanes for about 8 years now. I am looking for a hobby over the winter and will be living in Bedford. I'm looking to get into rc electric helis, was going to buy a blade 400, and a sukoi. When do you fly and how do I get in the club? I have my maac and just waiting to find a club before I go buy a few electric toys.

Enforcer

Re: How to join

Unread post by Enforcer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Hello Brian and Welcome.

HEFA's first AGM will be held on December 9th 2009, at the "Bedford" Library (7pm). You can get all the information you want and join if you wish. Just introduce yourself to anyone there. Tell them Murray "Enforcer" Wheten sent you. Since I can't be there, maybe you will win the door prize and we can share it!!! :lol: It' a nice Hyperion Yak (electric).

BTW, don't be shy about going to the meeting. ALL of the guys in the club are the VERY BEST people you will ever meet... except CHRIS the president! Stay away from him if you know what's good for you!!! :lol:

We fly at Shannon Park in Dartmouth near the "new" bridge. You can get directions when you go to the meeting... or ask here!

Hope to meet you soon!
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Brian,

Come to the meeting tonight, drop down to Shannon Park any Sat or Sun if the weather's fit( sometimes even if it's not :) ), or check this link: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=658.

Welcome to the area. As Murray said... HEFA is a great bunch of guys... to talk with, we just don't seem to do much flying :lol:.
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Am I missing out on something here?
Chris to be avoided? - I don't think so!
We don't do much flying? - I don't think so!
Best bunch of modellers I have ever flown with? I DO think so!
WEelcome aboard!
John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Brian,
Welcome to Bedford, and hope to see you at either the HEFA meeting tonight or the Shannon field on the weekend.

Bill
secretary, HEFA
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Brian

Unread post by Brian » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I may go to the meeting tonight provided I dont get called out to work. Also if i do go and have to up and run its not because I dont like you its because i have a 30 minute call in policy haha. Anyways can anyone provide me with directions to the meeting tonight so if I can make it I will go. Do you guys fly electric helicopters as well? And I am assuming its strictly electric there is it? do you fly indoors over the winter?

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

JohnOSullivan wrote:Chris to be avoided? - I don't think so!
John
John, the "laughing happy face" smilie means someone is joking. I was joking... but I still think it's a good idea to avoid Chris... even though I'm joking... but, well... what were we talking about! :lol: See, I'm joking again. I guess that makes me a "big joke"! :D Now I'm not joking... just smiling... cause I'm happy! :? Now I'm confused... my normal state of mind! :lol: Ah, joking again... what's wrong with me. Steve... you got any of those "pills" left... HELP!

:lol:
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

AndrewS

Unread post by AndrewS » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 am

Brian,
Sorry we didn't get directions to you in time last night.
Several members fly electric helis( some more than 1), and we are currently working on aquiring an indoor location. However, we fly at Shannon Park the whole year round.

Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

yorcram

Unread post by yorcram » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 am

gotta love those 1/2hr on call response times. I am on call now and have the same time line. I completely missed the meeting, didn't get home until 8pm. Hope to see you at the field.

Cheers,
Marc
Plane Crazey :D