learn to fly

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
paulhughes

learn to fly

Unread post by paulhughes » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:58 am

Hi,my name is paul hughes.I have a brand new apprentice plane and radio.I would like to learn how to fly it.Who do I contact for a trainer to Learn to fly it.What times and days do you go to the field.Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Paul

bdg

Re: learn to fly

Unread post by bdg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Paul,

The process is well documented on our forum under the Training section. Have a look and we can help answer any outstanding questions. A few summary points:
(1) We are at Shannon Park most weekend mornings - weather dependent. Typically there 9ish and out by maybe noon - again very weather dependent!
(2) Make sure that you let us know that you are coming. We will get you up on the club trainer. That will save your system!
(3) We'll help to provide hands-on support and a safe introduction to the hobby. We'll focus on MAAC, field requirements and - of course - flying and recovery techniques!
(4) We'll offer a few introductory flights with a trainer - hopefully enough for you to get a feel for the club and the hobby!

BTW - the Apprentice is "the" perfect plane for starting... fairly large, tricycle landing gear, stabilizer, forgiving and predictable yet fun with some mild acrobatics. You'll love it!

Be sure to drop by the field. The "pits" area is also a great location to learn a lot about the hobby and to meet our membership.

Hope to see you there!

Brian

paulhughes

Unread post by paulhughes » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Just wondering will there be anybody at the field on the weekend.Weather being good off course

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 pm

There are almost always people at the field in the mornings when the weather is "reasonable". My schedule should permit me to bring along the trainer for an introductory flight or two. My recommendation is that we regroup as the weekend approaches to finalize any thoughts.

Hope to see you there!

Brian