would like to learn to fly and find a buddy box cord

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
oldmanweeks

would like to learn to fly and find a buddy box cord

Unread post by oldmanweeks » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:24 pm

hi
I go by old man weeks. I was a member of this club spome years ago but never got flying. I have a yak 54 electric I am rigging up. bought a new 6 channel futabsa and have an old 72 hz transmitter I wantr to use as a buddy box. anybody with a micro - micro cable they want to sell or rent?
I would appreciate contacting anyone who would consent to be my instructor.?
I missed going to the fiels this weekend but hope to be there next say and sunday mornings.
ross weeks old man weeks

retiredVTT

Re: would like to learn to fly and find a buddy box cord

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Ross,
Come to the field and seek out our Instructor Brian Gray and he will get you flying with the Club's new Apprentice trainer. I see that you have your MAAC membership for 2016 already, so you are good to go. This time of year, the guys are generally at the field from 9am onward on weekend days and holidays.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 am

Ross,

You've come to the right place! That said, this weekend is not looking the best for flying.... very cold and high(ish) winds. Even some more snow for Saturday. Wind chill is predicted to be -15.

There might be a few people at the field, but be forewarned that this could be hit and miss given these conditions. My schedule is currently up in the air (no pun intended :D ) for this upcoming weekend with family activities, so my availability at the field will be limited regardless of the weather.

We'll definitely be able to get you up for an introductory flight though. We just need to find the right conditions to make it a success!

Brian

oldmanweeks

Unread post by oldmanweeks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi brian
zdue to weather may not get there take care and we will get togwether. my email is rweeks@eastlink.ca
ross