(Relatively) New to Halifax

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
ssampson

(Relatively) New to Halifax

Unread post by ssampson » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Stephen Sampson; I moved to Halifax three years ago to go to Dalhousie studying Applied Math and Chemistry but switched into electrical engineering this year. I've really been getting the itch to get back into the hobby again and figured it would be good to have something that I do for personal enjoyment again.

Before moving here I lived in Stratford PEI and was a very active member of the Charlottetown club for about 10 years. I started flying when I was 10 years old and I'm almost 23 now so I've been flying for about 13 years just not always consistently. I also worked at Great Hobbies for three years from 2005-2008 so I do have quite a lot of experience I'm just not super familiar with all of the newest technologies.

I primarily fly Nitro and Gasoline powered planes but I do have a couple of electric planes as well - I tpically keep a little foamy for indoor flying and a medium sized electric for grab and go outdoor flying but then I also have a 55CC Yak (which I'm selling) and numerous other planes stored at my parents house in PEI just because of space constraints.

I'm going to keep my eyes on the forum mainly for indoor flying nights (have to build another foamy first) and classifieds. I have a few things I want to sell and am always looking for cool new things to buy!

Hope to meet some of you soon!

retiredVTT

Re: (Relatively) New to Halifax

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Welcome Stephen, you can find us at Shannon Park on weekend mornings, and our first Indoor session this Fall will be on November 22nd at Porters Lake Community Centre from 11:30am until 2pm.

Hope you can make it out to either of those locations soon.

Bill F.
HEFA President 2014
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708