Another new old guy

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Scooterboy

Another new old guy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Hey..... I would have already met some of you at the slope get together. But I thought I might introduce myself.
I've been away from the hobby for quite a while (like 20 years). But Vic has done a good job of luring me back. It will take a while to get used to the sticks again. And a lot has changed during my time away. The radio gear has become cheaper, electric models are now flyable and servos have gotten smaller.
You might have seen me flying a Zagi and a Weasel (or trying too anyway).
I mostly fly slope glider as I find it very simple, enjoyable and I am handy to the hill. But I have a couple of electrics lined up for building over the winter.
I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Kevin Baker aka Scooterboy

retiredVTT

Re: Another new old guy

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Welcome Kevin, good to have you aboard..!

I was talking to you some at the Slope on Saturday, and enjoyed your Weasel flights in that raging wind. (I was in the red chair, at the slope edge)

Keep the evening of November 6th in mind; HEFA has the Annual General Meeting on that date at the Atlantic Superstore on Joe Howe Dr., Halifax. It would be a way to meet others and also get caught up on our activities as we enter year seven of the Club.

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 am

Welcome, Kevin.

Bill, Gary, Andrew S, and I ( Andrew C - the guy into kites) will have membership forms with us at the annual HEFA Fun Fly at our Porters Lake field this weekend, if that helps any. It's a good time to join because this time of year, your membership dues cover the remaining part of 2014 in addition to all of 2015.

See you soon,
AC
PS. I always carry my kites with me in the car, this time of year, just in case there is enough wind to fly at lunch time, after work, or even after the fun fly.
Andrew C.

Scooterboy

Unread post by Scooterboy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:42 am

Right on. Vic told me about the funfly at the Porters Lake field when I seen him the other day.
Although I have nothing powered to fly at the moment, I will drop by for a look see.
I'll also likely check out the annual meeting.
Andrew, I still have my membership application in my wallet. I'll get you this at the funfly if your there.
See Y'all