A New Supercub

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Douglas.Reid

A New Supercub

Unread post by Douglas.Reid » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Hello,

My son just got a Super Cub for his birthday. After a bad crash at our local field, I think he needs a little more room to learn to fly and I heard about your organization. Would it be all right if we came out to Shannon to fly sometime this weekend? We don't belong to the association or the MAAC.

Kind Regards,

Douglas Reid

retiredVTT

Re: A New Supercub

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi Douglas,

We can provide you and your son some assistance for sure..!

We have a trainer Hobby-Zone Cub complete with dual controls so the Instructor can take control if the student gets into trouble.

We are a MAAC affiliated Club and MAAC permits one familiarisation session to a new flyer to see if flying RC is something the new flyer wants to pursue.

The next step is getting decent weather (meaning low winds), and to have one of our Instructors bring the trainer to the field.

Generally our Instructors keep an eye on the website and respond to those needing assistance.

Bill,
HEFA vp.
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Jeremy

Unread post by Jeremy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:41 pm

One trainer, Karl, even flies his own scratch-built foam airplane. It handles quite well, and with the dual controls - he can recover if your son were to lose orientation and dive towards the ground. I only joined the club this year, but many times last year I came down to Shannon Park to visit and watch and learn. Everyone is very friendly, and it's a great time to just watch and see the models everyone is flying.

Douglas.Reid

Unread post by Douglas.Reid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Well, this is great to hear. I'll keep an eye on forum for flying dates and we'll drop by. This weekend doesn't look great unfortunately. We'll probably spend a few hours repairing the damage only a 12 year old inflict.

Doug