Hello from new member!

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Enforcer

Hello from new member!

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello everyone (that I have not met yet)!

I guess I should have posted here first!?! Well, my name is Murray Wheten. I am 51, married with one child (Emilie age 12) and am a native of Halifax. As a boy I went to Saint Mary's Boys School (next to Maritime Hobbies) for 10 years and quit school to work at age 14, after spending only 4 months in grade 10 at Saint Pat's High. In my thirties I "finally" went back to finish high school at night, followed by a year at NSCC and a year at the Atlantic Institute of Technologies.

I have been a soldier in the CAF, a drywall finisher, a residential maintenance person (which I presently do for MRHA), a waiter/bouncer, a computer programmer/instructor/network administrator, and so many more things that I can't remember anymore! :D

I have thought about starting the RC plane hobby for many years but just now made the decision to go for it. Prior to this, my only other hobby was flight simming, both combat and civil. I spent about 16 years doing that and may or not continue... we'll see how much time RC planes take up! Lot's of time I hope!!!

Well, that's about it I guess. If you see a big guy at the field, driving a blue Ranger with a HUGE smile on his face... that's me. Please come up and say hello... that is if I don't get to you first. I think of myself as a fair minded person, who likes to share and help others. I appreciate receiving advise in any form one wishes to present it to me... I don't mind if you yell at me, if it means preventing an accident! :)

Thanks for looking! See you at the field soon (and often I hope)!

Murray
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python