Hello

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
Ghost Flyer

Hello

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew C. I work in IT and live in Halifax. I've had the pleasure of meeting many RC pilots over the course of last summer at Shannon Park and at the Burnside park. I feel fortunate to have stumbled into a such a terrific group people who are easy going and great to hang with.

Most of my flying experience has been with my 3 channel Air Hogs Storm Launcher and Parkzone Decathlon. However, my newest plane is the 4 channel Parkzone F4U Corsair (RTF) which is quite a step above anything that I've ever flown. Folks from the group have been great in giving me advice and in particular, one individual has been a big help in guiding me with my maiden flight and in providing many helpful tips. I just want to say that my being a "newbie", all of this is much appreciated. A big thank you to everyone!

I have a lot to learn. As such, I respect the folks who know their stuff and look up to them. Even though I've only scratched the surface of the hobby, I think I've been bitten by the bug...lol

See you all at the field!
Andrew
Andrew C.

superheat

Re: Hello

Unread post by superheat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 pm

you handled that corsair like a pro............your well on your way...........

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Andrew:
I am sure that you will find the group to be a dedicated bunch of people who regard the raw beginner with the importance and respect of the most experience flier.
I have been a member over the years (since 1950)of a large number of "clubs" (in US, Ireland, Great Britain, Australia, Finland and Chile - even Canada), a small number of which were elitist and looked down on beginners.
This mob of fliers are without a doubt, the most enthusiastic and friendly bunch that I have ever been associated with.
The formalizing of the group may have its effects on the casual free-wheeling way we fly, but with the rapid escalation of numbers of fliers it is an inevitable safety factor which makes it necessary to formalize our activity.
I have observed your flying improvement over the past few months and you are indeed a valued member of the group.
John
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Andrew that was excellent flying on your behalf again today! You made the Corsair battle the wind like there was no tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

Ghost Flyer

Unread post by Ghost Flyer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Thanks, guys. I am having a lot of fun with the corsair. I'm looking forward to getting deeper into the hobby.

Cheers,
Andrew
Andrew C.