hello, again

New to Halifax Electric Flyers? Let us know a little about you.
rhyneheimer

hello, again

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 pm

hey guys,
i just joined. nice looking forum, and good idea to formalize things, what with the group size and all. i'll be out tomorrow at vic's. as john O' informed you all, vic's having a fun fly for electrics and gliders. we actually even managed some winter thermalling out there in ther past with the eagles! lookin fwd to seeing you all again. i'll take some vid footage, and put something up on youtube later.

i'm not sure, but i don't think we've ever used a frequency board out there at his place or at the hill, but we may need one tomorrow.
- steve

again, here's vic's invite for sat. feb 7 2009:
"Hey Guys,
Let's get together for some lake flying on Saturday morning at my place! Its supposed to be sunny and warm (high of 0) with light winds forecast. The lake is good and frozen with a decent surface for flying from.
Invite anyone else you can think of. My address: 2155 Crowell Rd and phone: 827-3039 or cell 440-3981. Hope to see you all there!!
Cheers,
Vic"
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone

retiredVTT

Re: hello, again

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi Steve, welcome aboard, glad you signed in..!
I think I met you last year at Vic's.
With regard to a frequency board, it's a good idea and something HEFA will have to come up with soon.
Should not be too large a problem Saturday as several guys have gone to the Spread Spectrum mode of transmitting, but those of us who have not will just have to ask first, turn on the Tx second.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708