On-Line Orders and Brokerage Fees

News related to anything RC
bdg

On-Line Orders and Brokerage Fees

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 am

I am in need of new batteries and perhaps a spare ESC. I was looking at HK and had no problems getting my INTERNATIONAL order to $150US. Shipping options were $0 for UPS Express Saver and $32 for FedEx. My experiences with UPS have been really poor. FexEx Air International charges a brokerage fee (which can be waived) and then HST.

So I switched to the US store. There, anything over $50US is free FedEx Ground. I had issues with my last order there as the brokerage fees were even higher than with Air.

Has anyone had any recent experiences with any of these systems?

In the meantime, I have ordered a single Gen-Ace 2200mAhr from Amazon.... that was easy!

Brian

yorcram

Re: On-Line Orders and Brokerage Fees

Unread post by yorcram » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:28 am

The last few orders i did were from canadian shops
2200 11v 25c $26-28cdn , 45c is about $46cdn

https://shamihobbies.com/collections/3s-11-1v

https://www.pro-rc.ca/batteries-and-acessories/

Marc
Plane Crazey :D

wildblue30

Unread post by wildblue30 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Brian,

I have ordered from HK using all three of those methods during the last year. UPS I have started to avoid because of their high brokerage charges (but speedy delivery times). With FedEx they will waive the $11.50 fee if you have an online account but you will still have to pay the other charges. Just make sure to call them so they can link your shipment to your FedEx account. As for FedEx air (Intl warehouse) versus ground (USA warehouse) they told me with ground HK always chooses the cheapest option to ship so the charges are always passed onto the customer. With some of my FedEx air shipments I did not have to pay any brokerage fees (even with LiPos). Also I found with FedEx ground the delivery time can vary widely from 4 to up to 10 days.

Jeff
MAAC 85077
Tarot 450 Pro V2, H-King Voltigeur, E-Flite Ultimate 2, BAe Hawk EDF, H-King Wargo MX2, E-Flite Timber X, E-Flite UMX Timber X, E-Flite UMX A-10, Eachine E160, Eachine E180, YX F180 V2, MJX Bugs 3
Transmitter: RadioMaster TX16S

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:54 pm

So there are additional fees with UPS?

The website (https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/zone ... rance.page) seems to indicate that the "entry preparation fees" are waived for express shipments. Taxes are still extra. And that there are other fees of 2.7% and that duty is $50... too many variables to know the final cost.

FedEx is not much better.... I agree about the waiving of the $10 + 15% HST = $11.50 advancement fee. My last conversation with them was that this only applied to air shipments. Ground had additional costs (clearance entrance fee). See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4929&hilit=+fedex

My order at Amazon was $30 no tax and free shipping. It will be here on Friday. Only one for the moment.

That all said, I would greatly prefer to buy from MSC. Supporting a local company.... you know what you are getting.... etc. I am fearful that their costs would be significantly higher.... but worth a call as their service is fantastic and we certainly want to keep them there!!

Brian