Avon Event & BBQ - Sept 8/18

News related to anything RC
retiredVTT

Avon Event & BBQ - Sept 8/18

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:39 am

Looks like a beautiful day tomorrow (Saturday 8/18) for the Avon event and bbq.
Bob S. and I are heading up to Windsor and plan on leaving from the Bedford A&W around 8 AM.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

trevor

Re: Avon Event & BBQ - Sept 8/18

Unread post by trevor » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 pm

I may see you there if I get my wing finished. sorry b2 bomber hahaha
what do you mean low rates and expo???

retiredVTT

Re: Avon Event & BBQ - Sept 8/18

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Excellent day at the Avon event. Large number of flyers. Very diversified range of models including two screaming turbines reaching the 200mph speed..! A lot of big blue sky at the field.
They conducted the second annual Ches Lockhart contest for most popular "scale plane" and this year the trophy went to the builder of a very large DC3 model who unfortunately had one engine cut out and watched as it plowed itself into terra firma. The big balsa wing took the brunt of the hit while the fiberglas fuselage was virtually unscathed. He promised to rebuild the wing and return next year. While it did fly for several minutes, it was spectacular.

HEFA member, Steve, took several pictures I believe, so I hope he can post a few here.

As a side note, there is a brand new business enterprise on the road leading into the Avon field. It consists of two business, the Bent Ridge Winery & Bent Nail Brewery. At the first you can buy wine...at the second you can buy Pizza and Beer..! Sounds like something to definitely check out..!

Another fine day in the Valley..!
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708