AVON FUN FLY - Saturday, July 29/17

News related to anything RC
retiredVTT

AVON FUN FLY - Saturday, July 29/17

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:06 pm

The annual Avon Fun Fly is scheduled for this Saturday, July 29th at their field in Windsor, NS.

I plan to go and will take my "Page 80" Cub" to hopefully get in several flights. If anyone wishes to meet up prior to getting on the road, mention it here and we will pick a spot.

Below is a note from Avon President, Bruce, with info on what duties some of their members are charged with. Registration fee is $10.00 to cover costs of the noon BBQ as well as several prizes pertaining to the afternoon "Paint Ball Shoot"...!

Bill

FUN FLY - Flying starts at 9am
Members volunteering for tasks. Best to be at the field before 830am
Chris Dean will approach Mighty Small Cars for the Paint Ball Shoot Prize. The Club will donate some bling as well.
Al Coolen (AKA Galactic Twinkie Jet Pilot Extraordinaire) will host the extremely popular “Paint Ball Shoot Event.
The scheduled mowing crew for this event are Glen Miller, Todd Fowler and David Porter. Please, get a replacement if you cannot do the mowing.
Chris Dean has volunteered to pick up the food and drinks.
Don McPhee and Chris Dean will cook.
We need at least four coolers for the water, soda etc. If you have one please let Chris Dean know and bring it on Saturday.
Sandy McInnis has volunteered to collect the registration from the pilots for the event. There is a registration fee of 10.00 dollars.
Can someone bring a full propane tank to the event. The club will compensate. There is a full tank in the shed and I have a partially filled one at home. An extra one that someone can bring will ensure we don't run out. Please let me know who can do this.
Bruce will order an outhouse for the event.
John Starling will organize the cars coming in first thing in the morning.
Lastly and this one is important. We need some people to stay around after the Fun Fly to assist breaking down the equipment and clean up the area.
If I missed anything or there are issues give me a ring.
Thanks everyone.

Bruce
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

bdg

Re: AVON FUN FLY - Saturday, July 29/17

Unread post by bdg » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Looks like it should be a good day for the AVON fun fly.... assuming that it is still a "go". The AVON website is surprisingly quiet regarding the event. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong spots.

Although I had initially planned to go to AVON for their event, I am thinking that I will instead by going to SP tomorrow. What are the plans for others?

Brian

chodgkinson

Unread post by chodgkinson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:13 pm

The forecast looks good for SP tomorrow, should be a good flying day there but I'm going to head to the fun fly in Windsor for a change of pace.

Chris

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:28 am

Adam and I are heading to Avon.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Great day....it had everything...fast planes, noisy planes, quiet planes, carnage, a fine BBQ, a hysterical Paint ball shoot, and a lot of laughs..thanks to all worker bees who but this day together. Nice crowd of 36 plus flyers , ( including 8 from HEFA), and many others who were watchers..!

Photos to follow..

Bill
Attachments
IMG_6566.JPG
IMG_6565.JPG
IMG_6569.JPG
IMG_6567.JPG
IMG_6586.JPG
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Being biased toward "electrics", I really liked THIS model. It's a 330 Extra from Hangar9 powered by a 6S pack with a 4016/12 motor from Extreme Flight, and it performed very well. I'm told that it is already a "discontinued" model..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Wqxbbh1b0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6SYl9D7es (so that's how it's done..! No problem..!)

Bill
Attachments
IMG_6585.JPG
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Bill, I spotted a couple of your photos above for the August MAAC newsletter. Hope you don't mind. Credit of course.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 am

No problem Al, you got them just before my rate increase become effective August 1st...!

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Bill, I've got that new app from google which warns me of such sale endings. lol