Package lost

News related to anything RC
Entropist

Re: Package lost

Unread post by Entropist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 am

I had a small order from DX.com went astray since October. I sent a note through PayPal a couple of days ago. DX first asked if it was in the post office, or if the whole order (2 items) was missing. After replying that all was lost, they offered to either refund through PayPal, refund to my DX account, or replace the order. I'm pretty happy with that. They did suggest that next time I spend the $1.70 on a tracking number.

J
John W.
HEFA
MAAC

rhyneheimer

Unread post by rhyneheimer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm

yikes! so many problems lately, i think i'll delay placing an order until the vibe of the mail gods improves

on the bright side, my new ice cream maker bought with airmiles arrived from Brantford, Ont in 8 days via Canpac! woohoo!
Steve Ryan -
HEFA/MAAC pilot, slope soaring fanatic, electric enthusiast -
I am not a drone

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Update: My order from DX.COM JUST arrived today.... November 13 to March 1. 3.5 months. That has to be a record.....!
bdg wrote:Shipping is so erratic....! (from mid-February)

My recent on-line orders:
- I have a very small order from dx.com for some connectors from November 13 - not yet arrived;
- A small order from Amazon.ca (flashlight) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Another small order from Amazon.ca (headlamp) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Small camera lens adapter ordered December 22 - arrived last week;
- Ordered a EFXRacer from HK ordered February 7 - arrived today;
- Inductrix FPV new board to reduce LVC ordered from Horizon on December 15 - arrived today

I have not yet raised any claims for those that are missing......

The racer is the same style that Chris D and Al C have flown at SP - quite fast under 4S but for now I only have 3S and not 65C as recommended.... those I guess will come later. I believe that Tom suggested that Chris D "hit a mosquito" and that resulted in a downed plane...!

Just gotta wait for this snow to melt.... come on spring!!!!

Maybe some winter flying on the weekend if temperatures are conducive...!

Brian

Mchurcher45

Unread post by Mchurcher45 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Looks like my problem is quite common. I placed an order with HK 19 Dec for some Servos, a motor and some other non-dangerous stuff which hasn't arrived yet. Tracking through SingPost indicates that the package arrived in Canada 17 Feb. From the comments above, I guess I'm up the same creek as everyone else.

The Post Office doesn't recognize the tracking number but I will try Canada Customs and see if they recognize the HK number. I guess I'll be waiting for a while yet. Next time I'll get a proper tracking number.

Mike
Mike Churcher MAAC # 91299

Apprentice S 15 e
CG Eagle 2 (electric)

Mchurcher45@gmail.com

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:33 am

Just got a refund from HobbyKing since it's been 110 days with no delivery. Still have 3 more items from the Asia region I'm waiting for. Fingers crossed, but it's been hard to build anything new without parts and the LHS never has what I need.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

JohnOSullivan

Unread post by JohnOSullivan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 pm

My propeller/servo order from Hobbyking arrived today which was shipped November 26. Nearly 4 months - 112 days.
This was shipped through SINGAPORE POST Registered mail. Never ship through them.

I still have a small order from another supplier running nearly 2 months.
John
MAAC #5401 L
MACI (Ireland) IRL#26

Mchurcher45

Unread post by Mchurcher45 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Let the banners fly and the bells ring out. The package I ordered from Hobby King 19 Dec was delivered 3 April, only 3-1/2 months, and no charges. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry.

Mike
Mike Churcher MAAC # 91299

Apprentice S 15 e
CG Eagle 2 (electric)

Mchurcher45@gmail.com

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Package received today (April 7, 2017) was shipped on Dec 2, 2016 from Malaysia....4 months and 1 week..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

the-mailman

Unread post by the-mailman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Items are slowly showing up, but I've still got 4 packages to come. One from November is still missing.

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 pm

So.... after months of not receiving the two small orders from Amazon, I raised a "complaint" of sorts and as refunded the small amounts for the flashlight and headlamp that I had purchased wayyyy back on November 25. It wasn't so much about the cash as the principle. I know that Paypal has buyer protection but I was very surprised and impressed with the "A to Z" protection offered to customers by Amazon. I would have to continue recommending them highly - but you need to be VERY careful as their prices from resellers are all over the place!!!!

Brian
bdg wrote:Update: My order from DX.COM JUST arrived today.... November 13 to March 1. 3.5 months. That has to be a record.....!
bdg wrote:Shipping is so erratic....! (from mid-February)

My recent on-line orders:
- I have a very small order from dx.com for some connectors from November 13 - not yet arrived;
- A small order from Amazon.ca (flashlight) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Another small order from Amazon.ca (headlamp) from November 25 - not yet arrived;
- Small camera lens adapter ordered December 22 - arrived last week;
- Ordered a EFXRacer from HK ordered February 7 - arrived today;
- Inductrix FPV new board to reduce LVC ordered from Horizon on December 15 - arrived today

I have not yet raised any claims for those that are missing......

The racer is the same style that Chris D and Al C have flown at SP - quite fast under 4S but for now I only have 3S and not 65C as recommended.... those I guess will come later. I believe that Tom suggested that Chris D "hit a mosquito" and that resulted in a downed plane...!

Just gotta wait for this snow to melt.... come on spring!!!!

Maybe some winter flying on the weekend if temperatures are conducive...!

Brian