Lipo shipping - What is the status

News related to anything RC
Entropist

Lipo shipping - What is the status

Unread post by Entropist » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Was on the HK site, couldn't find info, would some kind soul tell me what's what with lipo shipping, please?
J
John W.
HEFA
MAAC

AndrewS

Re: Lipo shipping - What is the status

Unread post by AndrewS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:04 am

John
Just did a test order for 1 3s 2200 price 8.50 and the only shipping option that came up was FedEx priority for 19.95.
So $20 to ship an $8.50 order. That's a bit nuts.
Andrew
Andrew Smith,
HEFA 3
MAAC 76250

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:21 am

My understanding is that all LiPo from HK ships FedEx. Andrew's example for one battery alone tough: there seems to be a minimum costs and shipping costs are disproportionate to the purchase price for very small orders. That said, for a more "typical" order, I have found that the adder for FedEx might only be another $10 as compared to normal air delivery (maybe $30 vs. $20). Given that the delivery arrives in 2-4 DAYS and not WEEKS - the $10 adder is well worth it to me for most orders.

One recommendation previously suggested is to set-up an account with FedEx and to call them with the shipping number in order to alleviate their $10 administration fees (+tax) as those costs can add-up too on smaller orders.

FedEx does collect HST on the order as well.

Metalhead

Unread post by Metalhead » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi John,

Well, on a side note....i'm still alive...lol

I haven't been posting much because of the move and everything but I'm in PEI now with my own airstrip...visitors welcome!

To answer your question...I ordered 6 lip's last week from HK, (and a bunch of other stuff) and they came in 5 days...they did come Fedex and there was an $18 duty I had to pay. But for a $400.00 order, i thought that was reasonable!

Brian