Need Training

This forum is for new pilots and instructors to help coordinate pilot training.
AMoore

Need Training

Unread post by AMoore » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:18 am

Hello,

I am new to the hobby and am looking to become an airfield member. I am available weekday mornings if that works for any of the instructors, or if next weekend works better that should work as well.

My current experience is mostly with quad-copters and autonomous vehicles, but I have been putting in some simulator time to get ready as well.

Thanks,
Alexander Moore

bdg

Re: Need Training

Unread post by bdg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Alexander,

Thank you for contacting HEFA! You’ve found a great place!

As I am sure that you have gathered, we are a MAAC approved club. Members join MAAC and fly under the MAAC safety code. It is only through this affiliation that we are able to lease the field and to be able to fly in the area.

We certainly offer training and this is best on the weekends, preferably when winds are light (and not raining!!).

It sounds like you’ve a great start with a simulator. Which one are you using? There are some really great sims out there - especially RealFlight and Phoenix.

Hopefully, we will see you at Shannon Park on the weekend!

Brian

bdg

Re: Need Training

Unread post by bdg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Good to see you at Shannon today. Your flying was really great. Nice controlled turns, no change of altitude in the turns, great figure 8's, perfect take-offs and a really great start at landings.

Hope to see you at the field again.

Brian