Congratulations to Pilot Graduates!!!

This forum is for new pilots and instructors to help coordinate pilot training.
bdg

Congratulations to Pilot Graduates!!!

Unread post by bdg » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 pm

A nice set of MAAC wings were presented today to Paul after completing our HEFA flight training. Way to go! We are hoping that at least one of the pictures is suitable for posting to the forum!

Congratulations again to other recent "graduates" including:
- Bruce
- Adam
- Mike (currently on a sailing adventure!)

And two great flights with new student Dennis today. He advanced quickly on the sticks with our club Apprentice.

Way to go!!!

Brian

the-mailman

Re: Congratulations to Pilot Graduates!!!

Unread post by the-mailman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Too bad Adam and I missed out on the presentation. It was already misty with rain this morning so we didn't think it would be suitable to fly. Adam will be excited to get his wings. See you next weekend.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:03 am

...here is todays presentation picture with labeling. I sent it along to the Zone B MAAC Newsletter editor as well.

..these MAAC 'Pilot Wings" are available from our Treasurer Chris, for the sum of $10.00 when in stock. We should have more in a few weeks.

Bill
Attachments
_dsf3045xx.jpg
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

steve

Unread post by steve » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:38 am

Way to go guys, congratulations !

Steve
Steve

Milena1

Unread post by Milena1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:52 am

hello guys i am here new member and i liked your post .. )) thanks or the posts
:)

tjrc

Unread post by tjrc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Do you have upcoming new pilot training sessions?

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:57 pm

It can be tougher this time of year, depending on conditions and availability of trainers. There are only a handful of trainers at our club. Cold fingers are not your friends. You definitely need to dress appropriately this time of the year... cause once you are cold, the flying is typically done.

I would recommend that you reach out the evening before if you are thinking about venturing out to Shannon Park. Add a post in the "Anyone Flying" section.

In the meantime, have you tried this before? I would highly recommend a "good" simulator that you can use with your PC. Phoenix or Real Flight are among the best but certainly are not free. But trust me - if you are new - this will save you hours of learning time and buckets of savings in mistakes and broken parts! I would recommend purchasing from Mighty Small Cars on Windmill Drive in Dartmouth.

Brian

tjrc

Unread post by tjrc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:38 am

bdg wrote:It can be tougher this time of year, depending on conditions and availability of trainers. There are only a handful of trainers at our club. Cold fingers are not your friends. You definitely need to dress appropriately this time of the year... cause once you are cold, the flying is typically done.

I would recommend that you reach out the evening before if you are thinking about venturing out to Shannon Park. Add a post in the "Anyone Flying" section.

In the meantime, have you tried this before? I would highly recommend a "good" simulator that you can use with your PC. Phoenix or Real Flight are among the best but certainly are not free. But trust me - if you are new - this will save you hours of learning time and buckets of savings in mistakes and broken parts! I would recommend purchasing from Mighty Small Cars on Windmill Drive in Dartmouth.

Brian

Many thanks for your reply.

I picked up Real Flight a few weeks ago. Its been going great so far.
I will check\post in the "Anyone Flying" section before going out.

Thanks!