Looking for training May 4th and 5th

This forum is for new pilots and instructors to help coordinate pilot training.
LordGarak

Looking for training May 4th and 5th

Unread post by LordGarak » Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I would like to get in a few training flights in this weekend. I've had one flight so far with Karl, I've spent lots of time flying in the simulator and I've been flying small helis for a few years.

I'd just like to get some stick time on a properly flying model. I can bring some batteries. I've got 3 cell batteries in 800mAh(3), 2200mAh(2) and 2650mAh(4) with XT60 connectors.

I've been scratch building my own planes without really following plans and I've yet to have one that fly's properly. The latest one was close to proper flight, with a bit of trimming and more throttle it might of flown fine. I just had a hard landing and broke the motor mount. This plane is roughly based on a shadow UAV with a cub wing. The V-tail has been giving me some trouble. I have too much elevator and not enough rudder. So I'm currently rebuilding it with a more conventional tail.

--
Chris McDonald

bdg

Re: Looking for training May 4th and 5th

Unread post by bdg » Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Chris,

Saturday is currently looking quite windy but Sunday looks great. I can bring along my SuperCub and BuddyBox on Sunday for a few training flights if you would like.

Brian
Attachments
www.windfinder.com
www.windfinder.com

karlpenney

Re: Looking for training May 4th and 5th

Unread post by karlpenney » Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 am

I should be there Sunday around 8:30 with the EZFly trainer too.