NEWBEE!!!

This forum is for new pilots and instructors to help coordinate pilot training.
Juice™

NEWBEE!!!

Unread post by Juice™ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:52 am

Good day everyone...
I'm a NEWBEE to the Hobby and I would like to see how the flight line on a field operates, what the hobby is all about (well the basics at first), a general introduction... I'm still waiting for my radio to arrive (DX6i) and to purchase/built a trainer this fall/winter. I dont have My MAAC as of yet (will be joining for the Sept 12 to Dec 13 membership) and plan on joining the HEFA when suitable.

Hope to hear from you soon
Michel "Juice" Lajeunesse
Local Curmudgeon
Navy Dude, discovering the world One Fathom at a Time

Coyote

Re: NEWBEE!!!

Unread post by Coyote » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Juice

Welcome aboard ;-)

We typically fly Sat and Sun mornings at Shannon Park -though sometimes at Porter's Lake

You missed golden opportunity last Sat as we were hosting our Open House and Fun Fly at Porter's Lake -majority of membership was there with numerous prizes available - maybe next year

You can sign up for MAAC pro-rated rate shortly (likely on their website)

Also we have our own club training planes - so once you have your MAAC we could take you up. You will also need to sign up for HEFA membership. MAAC provides insurance while HEFA provides instruction and field support

Have you flown RC before? If so, how long ago?

Do you have RC simulator? Phoenix RC or Realflight are two good Sims for winter training

Since we only fly electric, I assume that's your interest
-----------------------------------------------------
Marc "Coyote" Cayouette
Halifax Electric Flyers Association (HEFA) # 054
MAAC #35128
DX9

Juice™

Re: NEWBEE!!!

Unread post by Juice™ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey Marc

Thanks for the reply,

I realised that I missed out on a great day last week end and this would be a great opportunity to meet the membership and see some flying. Processing my MAAC next week then I'll look into the HEFA membership. I have no experience with RC with the exception of those small copters I would purchase at Radio Shack back in the day :) I plan on getting Phoenix RC in the next few weeks as soon as I receive my Spektrum DX6i Radio. As for electric... I have been told it's the ONLY way to go :)

Look forward to meeting all of you. will be at the field this Saturday

Mike Juice™ Lajeunesse
Michel "Juice" Lajeunesse
Local Curmudgeon
Navy Dude, discovering the world One Fathom at a Time