New to Quadcopters

A forum dedicated to multicopters since there is quite a a bit of interest among HEFA members.
Kevin_Seaboyer

New to Quadcopters

Unread post by Kevin_Seaboyer » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am

Hey guys I'm new to quadcopters and new to this forum. I have flown RC aircraft over the years from 4 foot glow trainers to park fliers.

I bought a cheep quad last week a Goolrc 210. I managed to install my radio gear, setup the CC3D and preform a test flight. However I have oscillations caused by improper P.I.D settings. I tried last night to tune, following youtube videos but I just don't have enough experience. I was wondering if there is anyone that might be willing to give me a hand setting things up properly.

bdg

Re: New to Quadcopters

Unread post by bdg » Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Oscillations as described are typically a result of too high a proportional gain. Try reducing this and increasing the integral gain.

trevor

Unread post by trevor » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Are you using lebra piolet or clean flight? If you want a spot on setting for a 210 use the pre configured blackout settings. It will have you flying and needing minimum tuning adjustments. This can only be done using lebra piolet. If your in clean flight or bata flight we can hook up and get you sorted out in a few minutes.
what do you mean low rates and expo???

Kevin_Seaboyer

Unread post by Kevin_Seaboyer » Sat May 20, 2017 12:21 pm

I upgraded to lebra pilot. Just waiting for the wind to die down to try it out.

Kevin_Seaboyer

Unread post by Kevin_Seaboyer » Mon May 22, 2017 12:29 pm

So I loaded the blackout settings. They didn't work for me at all. After some trial and Error I loaded the ZMR250 profile, it seems to be the closest. I've been lowering the setting my roll P is 200 I is 600 D is 40, Pitch is 250 I is 1000 and D is 33. The oscillations have slowed down but my p setting looks very low. Do I just keeping lowering P gain?

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

This is a bit of a personal "feel" depending upon how you like the QUAD to perform and to react.

Personally, I prefer stable flight w/o flips and the like.... so tuned a little "lazy" but responsive enough to prevent issues.

I tend to have 0 derivative gain and rely instead on the proportional and integral gains. But again this is personal feel and needs some tests. Many would suggest that you should take the P up to the point that it starts to oscillate and then reduce the value accordingly.

Good luck. I would be surprised if there weren't some settings on-line - maybe rcgroups.com?

Have fun!