Hexacopter Frame

A forum dedicated to multicopters since there is quite a a bit of interest among HEFA members.
RocketManRC

Re: Hexacopter Frame

Unread post by RocketManRC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

It was great to see it in action Jerry!

Rick
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

eyeinsky

Unread post by eyeinsky » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm

So flights are going well on the 10th test now, we are slowly ramping up the weight, I Just noticed on the last flight I developed a slight glitch in the pitch channel. I suspect as the weight increased the P level should be adjusted. I would say the P level would be deceased to the increase in weight? If this theory is correct please chime in? No mag, baro or auto level system enabled at this point.

I wish I could find better 12X4.5 prop. The most I see are very cheap have fail during testing, which is fine but eventually I will need better quality units. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I've ordered some GWS 3 blade 10X6's hopefully they will be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JV44tSsMKI

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I have the GWS 10x6x3 in stock if you ever need more. Largest 2 blade I carry are the 10" GemFans which I have in ABS and nylon+CF?

eyeinsky

Unread post by eyeinsky » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 pm

MarkL wrote:I have the GWS 10x6x3 in stock if you ever need more. Largest 2 blade I carry are the 10" GemFans which I have in ABS and nylon+CF?
Great Mark

I will take 6 of them. Shall I order them on line just do a lacal pickup? I would love to get some better 12X4.5 too let me know if you have some option or if you can source them. For now I will try the 10X6X3's.

Thanks Jerry

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm out of town until Sunday afternoon, I'll pull them out and set them aside for you and we can arrange a pickup.

I'll see what I can find for 12" and let you know. GemFan does make them with cf which would probably be best to reduce the flex at that length.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Jerry - what motors are you using on this setup? Are they the donkey ones mentioned earlier?

eyeinsky

Unread post by eyeinsky » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 am

MarkL wrote:Jerry - what motors are you using on this setup? Are they the donkey ones mentioned earlier?
DT750, the donkey one have solid bearing, I was not sure how long they would last.

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:09 am

From what I've seen mentioned by others the donkey motors are a bit heavy and inefficient apparently although I've never used them to say first hand.

Watching the video the the 3 bladed props might actually be a good fit on this larger frame, as I have found them to be more floaty than 2 bladed typically so might help to make it feel lighter.

I'll post a reply when I'm back home Sunday for the props.

eyeinsky

Unread post by eyeinsky » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:26 pm

MarkL wrote:From what I've seen mentioned by others the donkey motors are a bit heavy and inefficient apparently although I've never used them to say first hand.

Watching the video the the 3 bladed props might actually be a good fit on this larger frame, as I have found them to be more floaty than 2 bladed typically so might help to make it feel lighter.

I'll post a reply when I'm back home Sunday for the props.

I agree my bi-copter uses 13X8X3 master screws these are heavier because the Bicopter uses centifical force to control the pitch and yaw but the problem is the inertia can cause roll issue because the 3 blade props are heaver. On other multicopters because they rely on thrust to affect flight control they will be more effected by heavier props and could become less stable. On my heaver machine this may be less of an issue.

http://vimeo.com/24243103
http://vimeo.com/24292239

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:24 am

Jerry - Sorry for the delay in posting, was a long tiring drive back from PEI yesterday in bad weather and with a sick daughter.

Send me an email to flitelab@schoonersolutions.com and I can get the props together for you and arrnage a time you can pick them up and give you directions.