Hexacopter Frame

A forum dedicated to multicopters since there is quite a a bit of interest among HEFA members.
eyeinsky

Re: Hexacopter Frame

Unread post by eyeinsky » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Mark

lift has increased based on throttle stick position and battery consumed less by 300mah in five minutes.

I will keep them, sending you a payment tonight.

BYW I just use a small piece of silicon fuel line as a bushing to fit the 6mm holes on the 3mm shaft work great.

Jerry

MarkL

Re: Hexacopter Frame

Unread post by MarkL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Sounds good.

I did a few quick tests today on my big hex. The 10X4 wood drew less amps than the 10X4.5 nylon props, but took a touch over 50% throttle to hover, so a bit more than the nylon, which was expected since pitch is less. The 11X4 hovered right at 50% and drew less amps than the nylon at hover but a bit more in flight. The 10" drew less amps overall but I'd like to keep hover at 50% or a hair under and with a bit more payload I think they would be too small. Didn't get a chance to try the 12"

They did seem to make more noise or perhaps just a different deeper noise than the nylon props.

I tried the fuel tube first thing this morning as well but my smaller motor shafts are 5mm so was too much, but 2 layers of heat shrink seems to fit great. quick and simple solution. I'll be testing them on the smaller hex next.