Firebird Stratos

anything to do with foam or depron models
datter

Firebird Stratos

Unread post by datter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I picked up a Firebird Stratos today off of Kijiji for a whopping $30, everything included. What a good find. The guy put it together but never flew it (for some reason) so it's in perfect condition. I figured it would be something to practice with until I get my other gear together and scratch build something. I'm taking my son out to a friends big backyard later this evening and trying it out along with his drone.

You can't go wrong for thirty dollars. :P

Flitetest Review
David "datter" Titus
MAAC #46113
[url=http://www,davidtitus.com]davidtitus.com[/url]

datter

Re: Firebird Stratos

Unread post by datter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Back from my first two flights in 23 years. I must admit that it was far too windy, but I was eager and tried anyway to great success. It all came back to me and despite the wind I was able to do several circuits and not destroy anything. The plane flies very well considering the price and I think it will be perfect to reacquaint myself.

To be honest I don't think I breathed much the entire time for the first flight and I was surprised just how windy it really was. Upwind flying was a slow affair, and the downwind leg was way, way faster.

My son flew his drone for a bit as well but had similar trouble with the wind. We're going to wait for a calmer day to let him try his hand with the Stratos. He's very excited to try it out though and it was a good father/son time out. We're going to share time on the Stratos and when I get my first scratch built together he can use it as his. I'm hoping the bug will have bitten him by that point too so he can get into building as well.

Good time with my boy, no damage to aircraft or drone, lessons (re)learned about being over-eager on windy days and an even more renewed interest in the hobby.

Good day.
David "datter" Titus
MAAC #46113
[url=http://www,davidtitus.com]davidtitus.com[/url]

trevor

Re: Firebird Stratos

Unread post by trevor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Congrats on the great maiden! Many more flights to come
what do you mean low rates and expo???