foam board

anything to do with foam or depron models
Duster

foam board

Unread post by Duster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi all, Today I decided to design and build my first foam board jet, and as luck sometimes has it, went to one of the Great Canadian stores here in Moncton, where I found 1/4 in x20inx30in sheets for 2.00 a sheet. they were white on one side and either blue,red , green or yellow, and just black on both sides, its made by Adams plastics, inc Wyoming , Michigan 49519, www.goadams.com. and the paper peels off perfectly ,no trouble at all, hope this helps. (Duster) Ken

CF Av8or

Re: foam board

Unread post by CF Av8or » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Well, hot damn! So there is a source for Adams Readi-Board here in the Maritimes - woohoo! Thanks for the info Ken! A bit more expensive than the Dollarama price of $1.25 per sheet, but still worth it in my opinion.

Now I just need to get to Moncton...

Of course, if any club member were planning to be in Moncton, it would be awesome to pick up a case, which I would gladly pay for. I'd then make it available to anyone here who needs a sheet or more.

Vic

Duster

Unread post by Duster » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 pm

well, if no one makes it up here before the end of the month, I may be coming down to Dartmouth around the first in search of work, and if I do, id be happy to grab a case for you, just let me know what colors your interested in ? and having my plane almost ready for electronics, it seems to be close to the balance I was looking for, and there was absolutely no mathematical formulas to it, just what looks right, simular to the Sukoi but a mid engine pusher, and your right it is worth it, lol (Duster) Ken

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 pm

So I take it there isn't any just plain white sheets available?

Is the foam in the coloured boards white? I wouldn't have any use for a coloured foam, as I paint all my models and anything but white foam wouldn't work for me.

I might just take you up on that offer Ken. Let me know when you might be coming here and we'll make arrangements.

Thanks,
Vic

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:44 am

I've been reading up on these "Great Canadian Dollar Stores" and we in NS only have four stores with one in Bible Hill, Chester, and another in New Minas. I'm wondering if anyone has called these stores to see if they have the product. Might do this later today..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Was in the Dollarama on Young St this evening, behind the Burger King. (Friday 16th Jan 2015) The foam board there is in boxes with factory labels that say ReadiFoam or Readi-Board. This might be a source in Halifax if that is the correct brand. I know it is NOT Elmer's.

Board is white paper on both sides. White foam. There were 2 almost full boxes. 20x30.
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Speaking of Dollarama...or "dollar stores in general"..word on the street is that there will be a new location opening at MillCove in the old Blockbuster video store. (next to the liquor store, which is next to Sobeys)

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

CF Av8or

Unread post by CF Av8or » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:57 am

Was in the Dollarama on Young St this evening, behind the Burger King. (Friday 16th Jan 2015) The foam board there is in boxes with factory labels that say ReadiFoam or Readi-Board. This might be a source in Halifax if that is the correct brand. I know it is NOT Elmer's.
Wow, that's awesome, and very surprising, as Dollarama has been completely switched over to the Elmer's foamboard for over a year and half now! Perhaps they are looking to switch back to Adams Readiboard, which would make me very happy!

I'll have to check out the Dartmouth Dollaramas when I get back into town.

Thanks, Jim.

richard

Unread post by richard » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 pm

It is true I have been to many Dollarama stores that now carry Readiboard again.
MAAC #23130 HEFA #94 SHEARWATER RC FLYERS Spektrum DX7S

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks Jim, I picked up 10 sheets today at Dollarama, Young Street,...and I don't even have a use for it YET, but that could change soon..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708