New Spektrum Receiver with AS3X

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
RocketManRC

New Spektrum Receiver with AS3X

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Here is an interesting new product from Spektrum:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa ... D=SPMAR635

It is a 6 channel receiver with built in 3 channel gyro for stabilization. It is programmable by way of buttons and leds on the receiver and the transmitter sticks. There are two banks of settings controlled by the gear channel so the stabilization can be turned on and off or switched between two different gain levels. It looks rather tedious to setup but the results could be amazing.

Here is the manual for it:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/File ... ual_EN.pdf

I will definitely be getting one of these to play with :geek:
Rick MacDonald
May you live in interesting times!

nunyabizniss34

Re: New Spektrum Receiver with AS3X

Unread post by nunyabizniss34 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I saw this too Rick. I am curious if this could be used on a helicopter, the AS3X system is used on most of the Blade micro helis. Perhaps a cheaper alternative to the AR7200BX.....
Colin
Parkzone Sport Cub
Eflite Timber Turbo
Trex 470L
Goblin 420
Mikado Logo 550

MarkL

Unread post by MarkL » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Interesting but still a bit pricey and its only gyro stabilization no accelerometers.

The Eagle Tree Guardian and a 7 channel Orange Rx is less $ with more functionality as another option if your looking for flight stabilization in a small package.

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

It won't work for helis Colin as it doesn't have any of the CCPM mixing that is needed.

It would be interesting to see a series of flight tests comparing all the stabilizers that are out there. But that could be a big job the way things are going with new products appearing almost every month...
Rick MacDonald

RocketManRC

Unread post by RocketManRC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm

BTW I just received an OrangeRX V2 stabilizer today and it looks interesting as it has the ability to turn the stabilization on and off remotely. I think that is essential particularly for the initial tuning for an airframe. Since it doesn't include a receiver it can be used with any radio system which is also a bonus for me since I am not really a Spectrum user.

I'm also tinkering with some of the new MultiWii compatible boards that are out there which can be configured for airplane use. In theory it is possible to put together a stabilization system (including auto leveling) using MultiWii compatible boards for as little as $15. It might even be possible to do a cheapy helicopter FBL system that way!
Rick MacDonald