Old tech issues

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
Jamie D

Old tech issues

Unread post by Jamie D » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

I would like to throw out a question to all those who may have experience with analog radio systems. As some of you may recall I purchased a Honey Bee King 2 helo that had some upgrades. The radio system however remained stock. An E-Sky 0406A 6-channel transmitter with the compatible receiver/crystal @72.130MHz. All has been working fine until recently after a day of storage following an uneventful flight. In other words I cant recall any situation that would have caused a problem. With the receiver on sitting approve 12 inches away from the transmitter immediately on power up the all servos jitter violently and obviously un-flyable as the jittering eventually moves servos to max travel. I have not knowingly done anything different than uncountable previous power ups. If I move the transmitter further away from the helo the violence of the jittering is greatly reduced by not to usable levels. All wiring, antenna and connections have been checked including new batteries in the transmitter.

My question to all those experienced is.... Is this problem fixable without changing out xmitter and reciever?

Jamie

astroflyer

Re: Old tech issues

Unread post by astroflyer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:46 pm

I've seen that kind of thing in a basement close to lights which caused some interference.

I'd also open the transmitter and make sure the antenna or the wire attaching it to the circuit board has not come loose.

KrasherJack

Unread post by KrasherJack » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Jamie, It could be one of the Xtals has drifted off Frequency, try swapping the Rx and or TX Xtal, but disable all the servo's except the rudder, before you try it. :shock:
Jack
Zoom..Zoom

Jamie D

Unread post by Jamie D » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 pm

I went to switch the crystals and discovered the previous owner glued it in into the removable socket. I was unable to switch the xmitter to the reciever but was able to turn them upside down and switch the polarity which seemed to settle down the problem quite a bit. No total solution but I wonder if I just get a new couple of crystals. Comments?

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:16 pm

I have not heard of exchanging the TX and RX crystals as I believe they are physically different in size. Also crystals are not polarity sensitive so they can be plugged in either way...so if your problem has cleared you must of had a loose crystal in the socket. I have seen this in a receiver and gently spreading the pins before plugging it in was the fix.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708