DX8

A place for info or problems concerning Transmitters, Receivers or Servos.
lindenash

DX8

Unread post by lindenash » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I got a dx8 and although it is flashy I haven't the slightest clue on how to use it. I got it because my mosquito uses a whopping 7 channels and I couldn't find a dx7 . Now that I've got the thing I cant get it to work at all, It's obviously not as easy as just plugging it all in because when I did that It did not work at all. Does any body know what to do?????? :? :oops:
Nicholas

karlpenney

Re: DX8

Unread post by karlpenney » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Does not work at all? Assuming you've charged the battery fully, what happens when you turn it on?

Have you upgraded the software on it to the latest version yet? If not, go to https://community.spektrumrc.com and register your radio. Then download the latest Airware and install it. Refer to the manual if you're not sure how to do this.

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:07 am

If I remember correctly, when my nephew Gary F got his DX8 he initially thought it was defective....he got no response..! But he did locate what he was doing wrong. I'll send him an email and see if I can get him to respond here.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

lindenash

Unread post by lindenash » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok I brought my mosquito down to mighty small cars and they fixed every thing except the landing gear .The problem is that when I flip the switch for the gear one wheel opens and the other one half closes and when I flip the switch again the wheel that came out goes back in and the other one JUST opens the doors . does any one have a solution??????

Oh and my dx8 works fine
Nicholas :? :? :? :?

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 pm

First remove the props from the plane before trying to troubleshoot the landing gear. You may remember that great care was taken to secure the plane while checking for prop rotation at Mighty Small Cars.

Then put the plane upside down on stands on a table, not on the floor as it was at Mighty Small Cars. Then tape the wires and items securely out of your way as you work on it.

Then activate the landing gear switch after plugging in the battery. If you have to, pull both sets of doors open and watch as the gear is being actuated. You should be able to see where the binding is. Possibly the endpoint of the servo travel is off. Usually this can be fixed by repositioning the servo arm on the servo. Maybe the wire length or connecting position has to be adjusted. All links and rods have to act without binding. As well the door linkages may have to be adjusted. That is why it is all put together with adjustable ball links. Maybe there are some fasteners loose or out of adjustment from shipping. Every fastener has to be double checked.

Many times, complicated mechanisms, such as this will have to be disassembled and carefully reassembled to secure and adjust all the complex links.

I suggest that you should probably fly the plane the first few flights with the gear down and locked and do not try to retract them until you are comfortable with the plane. Retracts have to work perfectly and reliably every time before you try them in the air. The last thing you want is to try and land with one gear stuck up and the other stuck down.

Saboo
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

astroflyer

Unread post by astroflyer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

is this the black horse mosquito? if so that one has a complicated through the wing linkage with bellcranks and one servo. If this is the case, are the bellcranks hooked up to allow both wheels to operate the same way??

lindenash

Unread post by lindenash » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Thank you very much for the answers.it was you in the shop? Thank you for all the great help. I would fly the plane with the wheels locked, but they will not both lock at the same time. One is always out while the other one is in. They are always opposite for some reason. Is it a backwards electric thing? I did all those things and it still won't work There is no binding the servo just isn't moving
Nicholas

saboo

Unread post by saboo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Was there a small circuit board with the kit? It could be a servo reverser to put in the landing gear servo on one side. It would reverse the servo. Are the mechanisms for the L/G identical or mirror images of each other. If identical then a servo reverser is not required. If they are mirror images or left and right handed mechanisms, then a server reverser is required. Re read the chinglish instructions and check the on-line forum at HK. You are not the first to buy this plane. if there is an issue you can hope it is mentioned on the forum.
Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning ;-)

lindenash

Unread post by lindenash » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Thank you! I will check.

Dirt Torpedo

Unread post by Dirt Torpedo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Last edited by Dirt Torpedo on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.