ParkZone BF-109 Airframe... very inexpensive!

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
Enforcer

ParkZone BF-109 Airframe... very inexpensive!

Unread post by Enforcer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:56 pm

OK, Jack and I went to RCWings today. I picked up the BF-109 airframe that I ordered and I was VERY surprized at what was included for my $89.00 dollars.

Everything that is included with the PnP version except...

2 servos (rudder and elevator - the two aileron servos are included and installed)
Motor
ESC

So, if you purchase this and a motor, ESC, and 2 servos (from HobbyCity for instance) you have got a very nice "painted" BF-109 for very little investment!

I used the two aileron servos from the wrecked 109 and installed them to operate the flaps (hardware for flaps is included with the airframe as well :shock: )

Anyway, this (to me) represents a GREAT deal!
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

karlpenney

Re: ParkZone BF-109 Airframe... very inexpensive!

Unread post by karlpenney » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Looks like they also sell "replacement" airframes for the P51-D and Spitfire for the same price. Both of those also include a 480 brushed motor, so you only need to add receiver, ESC and servos and you're good to go. Hmm, I need to order a couple things from HC anyway, so maybe I should include a set of electronics for one of these, just in case... ;)

falcondart

Unread post by falcondart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm

I dropped into Maritime Hobby today . Asked John about the eFlight Hawk. He has three on order and the price will be $179.00 thats a good price!The motor and ESC are worth that much,so you get the plane for next to free.I can't see this deal lasting very long. You don't get a $100.00 off a kit very often .And it will go way faster that Murray's little BF-109. i had to get that in there. http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defau ... ID=EFL8025

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

You have confussed me Chris... the link you have is for an ARF (no motor or ESC). Please, give us more information if you will Sir!
Last edited by Enforcer on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:51 pm

I "think" this is what you are talking about Chris... No ESC, No servos or extensions included...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/de ... L8025COMBO
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 pm

BTW, and not that anyone seems to care, this thread is to let folks know about the "great deal" that can be had by purchasing the ParkZone BF-109 airframe. If you have a "great deal" than that should really be posted in a separate thread. If not, things can get confussing, the meaning of the original post gets lost, and Murray gets p***ed off!!! ... and you don't want to do that! :twisted: :lol: :shock: :? 8-)
Murray Wheten

Monty Python

falcondart

Unread post by falcondart » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Sorry Murray just thought I'd tell you about the Hawk deal. Not to remove the fact that the BF-109 is a great deal.And besides you don't have a Hawk yet. Have to fly it at a fairly large open area... ASRCM or Windsor. It will be a little too large for Shannon .