Some "Deals"?

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
bdg

Some "Deals"?

Unread post by bdg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:15 pm

The Fun Cub is an ever-popular airplane and can be difficult to find. The frame is on-sale right now at Great Hobbies for $149. See http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo ... =MPU214243. Not sure what I will do with this one yet.....

They also have Rick's ever-popular StuntMaster at a reduced price - $160. There was one in the on-line store but now it is being shipped to me.... sorry :roll: .... keep your eyes open as there might be another coming in the on-line store.... http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo ... =MPU264293. I am thinking that I will rip the Rx from my Piaget for this plane and will probably retire it as I find it very fragile and flimsy.

And I received a new UMX Timber today. Tried to buy locally from MSC but they won't be in-stock until the end of the month. At 121g it falls well within the <250g TC threshold. Nice lights too! And a set of floats coming in through MSC....

Now what can / should I get rid of?????? I'm outta control!

:-)

steve

Re: Some "Deals"?

Unread post by steve » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 pm

You'll have good fun with those Brian. Everything Multiplex makes is " Top Drawer" as far as I'm concerned.

Steve
Steve

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Yeah - both the FunCub and StuntMaster are Multiplex....my first.... (hard to believe given my hanger which is FULL of PZ!).

steve

Unread post by steve » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:07 pm

I've finally put together my funcub after all these years. I'm at the paint stage and hopefully get it out soon.I also have floats for it. Thought Steve Dalley may have another float fly. It was a good time last year

Ricks stunt master is awesome. Ive thought about getting one many times.

Your going to need a bigger garage. Lol
Steve

retiredVTT

Unread post by retiredVTT » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 pm

My FunCub project got stalled while I got to work on another model, which I'm trying to have ready for this weekend. But the FC will get more time spent on it as we start our indoor sessions.

Speaking of Indoor events...STEVE, DID YOU READ MY RECENT EMAIL...TIME TO DECIDE..!

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

steve

Unread post by steve » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:47 am

Bill, you have email

Steve
Steve

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:49 pm

I was at SP this morning - after the morning school bell so all of the kids were inside - with John F and John O'S. Great hour and flew the Piaget for two flights and then 4 short flights to maiden the UMX Timber. It handled the grass better than I would have expected and flew nicely with the flaps - especially once the mix was properly set with the elevator in the Dx9. I didn't do anything "crazy" as the battery was not properly velcroed to the fuselage. But I was VERY impressed with the plane and handling. The lights add to the reality and visibility factor.

And I see that there is one available at MSC - pick one up quick while it is available!!!

And the floats arrived today for the UMX at MSC!

And the weekend weather is looking great!

:D

Brian

bdg

Unread post by bdg » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Received the StuntMaster today...! Easy to put together and almost complete. Just waiting for the CA to cure on the rudder hinges, then the pushrods and receiver are next for tomorrow.

Should be interesting!