STEEL BOXES for LIPO Storage (COSTCO)

A place to share info on Sale priced RC products.
retiredVTT

STEEL BOXES for LIPO Storage (COSTCO)

Unread post by retiredVTT » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Wow...just what we RC electric people needed...!
Costco are now stocking a set of TWO STEEL BOXES (just like the military use for storing Ammo..) for $27.00. (in the Halifax store, center aisle, halfway down..!)

One box is roughly 3.5" wide by about 10" long and fits inside the bigger box which is about 6.5" wide by 11" long.

For years we have gotten these (used) from Princess Auto as they are the perfect solution for storing and transporting our Lithium batteries.

Really nice to see someone carrying these as NEW, and you will have peace of mind storing your Lipo's in these. (beware that Costco sometimes only have an item ONCE..!)

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

the-mailman

Re: STEEL BOXES for LIPO Storage (COSTCO)

Unread post by the-mailman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Darn, I just picked up a 50cal box from Princess Auto for $19.99. I'll have to check out Costco and maybe take mine back.
MAAC: 19887

I never crash, I just create exciting ways to meet the ground. After all, take-offs are desirable, landings are inevitable.

retiredVTT

Re: STEEL BOXES for LIPO Storage (COSTCO)

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 am

..more on the steel boxes:

I have not seen the boxes for sale at Costco lately; sometimes they seem to have products on a one time basis...snooze and you lose..!

So today I went to Princess Auto once again, but before I went I checked their online site and wrote down the part number for a 50 caliber ammo box selling for $18.88
I checked their stock and saw the brand new box in that size for $45.00 and the used box for $37.00 and picked up what I thought was the $18.00 one, but got to the cashier and it rang in as $37. Mentioned to the guy that I was looking for the $18.00 one to which he said ...that's the smaller and narrower box. Then I showed him the part # and he checked and said they do appear to be in stock. Yes, there were several of these $18.00 boxes mixed right in with the other used $37.00 boxes. These cheaper boxes might have a dent in them or, like the one I bought, the lid was hard to open....just required a minor adjustment at home.

Another item there today was Elmers wood glue for $2.99 A good product to go over the joints of a new ARF just to insure that the little guy overseas got enough glue in the joints before shipping it out.

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708